Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Financial reward incentive for Royal Marines

No it is paid into your account once your submission is accepted. Statement of Eligibility and Election application form is on the intranet now.

I’ll be issued new kit, new weapon system (C8 & sig roll out in Jan 2021) more opportunities to deploy overseas on ex & deployment (USA, Oz, Norway, Belize, Mali, Senegal all already in the diary the Corps for the coming year) we are all in Slam accom here and you can apply to have 20 grand dropped into your bank account.

Pays to be a winner perc.
£16,000.00

Less than £16000. They hit you for NI as well. It was very painful to see my £40,000 FRI become just over £23,000 after tax and NI. What the MOD gives with one hand the taxman takes back with another.

Someone would have to be thick as pigshit to think they'd get the whole lot in their skyrocket.

Oh, hang on...

Seriously though.
Who in their right mind would want to be a Marine. (Royal Navy Security Guard).

Why would you want to wear a beret in the same shade of Green as a Cabbage, or is this a combat indicator of the intelligence of the wearer.

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential.

New rig, stacks of beer tokens, life's good.................. Get back on the gate pongos........

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 20.47.17.png

Why now though?

I understand that the R.M. have long had a problem with it's people leaving in large numbers, (not counting the wastage in Basic Training).

I think the RM are having a problem with retention, my son is leaving in October after having only served 4.5 years. I have asked him why and he has said that when on camp they do not do anything and obviously the money is not good. When he was younger i used to take him on my RAF camp to do circuits at lunch time, i have asked if he does the same on his camp and the answer is no the PTI's don't do it. Reminds me of when i was in the Infantry, if there was not a training programme going the blokes were horizontal on their beds that was 1980, seems some things have not changed. Disappointing to say the least.

I think the RM are having a problem with retention, my son is leaving in October after having only served 4.5 years. I have asked him why and he has said that when on camp they do not do anything and obviously the money is not good. When he was younger i used to take him on my RAF camp to do circuits at lunch time, i have asked if he does the same on his camp and the answer is no the PTI's don't do it. Reminds me of when i was in the Infantry, if there was not a training programme going the blokes were horizontal on their beds! Disappointing.

As l just said, the R.M. seem to have long had a problem with retention.

I am sorry to read that your son wants out.

As l just said, the R.M. seem to have long had a problem with retention.

I am sorry to read that your son wants out.
I am so disappointed for the lost opportunity of personal development, promotion and of course a great little pension. I have tried to explain to him that service life is very rich in opportunity compared with being a self employed civilian with very little personal development, promotion and pension. And of course annual leave as a self employed civvy....no pay! I don't know.