Financial Retention Incentive!

E

error_unknown

Duty rumour has it that there will be an announcement to the House tomorrow of the latest aircrew FRI. Needless to say PPrune is full of Crabs going on about how much they deserve it (yawn). I have to say I don't but if I get it (which is unlikely) will certainly nejoy spending it!

If their past form is anything to go by the retention incentive will be "pointing out that a lot of people in the civil airline world have just been made redundant!!"

Quite agree with Sumo 664 that he isn't worth any extra money that may come his way but I wish him and the rest of you the best of luck and a great time spending it. ;D

Have heard of your FRI officially and just wanted to say that I think that each and everyone of you deserve it. You really do have a hard job, probably the hardest in the Army and I think that it is high time that the Government paid an honest shilling. I am naturally envious although still maintain, that like most of you AAC chaps, I would do it if they didnt pay, if I could only be one of you.

There acknowledgement from outside the Corps. Now no need to take the piss on every board for the next 3 months thank you very much chaps!!

E

error_unknown

Thanks for the sentiments Tara and Adanuff but for those of you who haven't heard here it is:

"The AFPRB recommended the introduction of the following financial retention incentives from 1 Apr 2002 each with a 5 year return of service:

a. £30 000 at 5 years before the immediate pension point payable to pilots, navigators, RN observers, officer rearcrew and selected NCO pilots;

b. £50 000 (for pilots, navigators and RN observers) and £30 000 (for officer rearcrew and selected NCO pilots) at the immediate pension point.

Transition arrangements will apply and financial retention incentives may be abated for those with less than 5 years return of service and those subject to previous retention initiatives.  Detailed eligibility criteria will be promulgated by the single services."

Hmm

1. Wonder who selected NCO pilots are? QHIs no doubt.

2. Detailed eligibility criteria?

Oh flying pay went up by 3.7% from 1 Apr as well.

Sumo mate,
I think we should get our first payment in the summer of next year.  Any ideas on how you are going to spend it.  See i told you this flying lark was worthwhile!!

Sumo & Co, best of luck to the lot of you. That's a hell of a lot of pies!!!!!

Don't forget to invite me uo (or is it over) to celebrate!!! By the way, with that sort of bonus YOU are paying!!! ;D

I don't think that I would have fallen into the catagory of selected SNCO pilots to receive the dosh, all the same, what you never had you won't miss.

Life is a hell of a lot better now for myself and (more impotantly)  the family.

Glad to see that they are finally starting to realise the worth of their drivers! 8)

Can I have an financial incentive please?  Otherwise I and the other BATS won't fix your dreadful Lynx ;)    (Not that it is easy now what with no spares and limited manpower)

E

error_unknown

There is no doubt that the FRI is completely unnecessary for the AAC as there isn't a shortage of pilots.  The money would have been better spent sorting out the shambles that is Pay 2000 particularly for aircraft/avionic techs or the state of the blocks, etc.  

I massively sympathise with groundcrew/REMEs who see their aircrew colleagues getting huge lumps of dosh on top of flying pay.  Having said that my view isn't going to change the price of fish...........

why not give the groundies a decent wage??? maybe then you still might have a groundcrew in 5 years or maybe not  :-X just think without them nobody to push and pull the cabs for you,refuel and re-arm, but of course the "aircrew" can do that can`t they?? B******s

Exguterslohsoldr, I agree with your opinion wholeheartedly. If you read other threads on the subject you will see it wasn't driven by Army aviators and the reason why it will be awarded, we are just incredibly lucky. The fear of driving a massive split between air and ground crew thankfully hasn't materialised (yet!)

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
If the corps placed the proper value on the groundies they would have to increase an ATPR's basic by about 110% in my opinion......and I was never a baldrick!

Good to see some of the greedy buggers who weren't entitled to it are having to pay it back. GFS at 3 has resigned over it and there will be more, see them in court I think !!

If GFS is reading this, go to PPrune and "Professional Aircrew (again).   His plight has hijacked this thread and there are some useful links there.

SL

FRI, good old aircrew, moaning again about how much you all deserve it, well i'm sorry the groundies work harder and longer than any of you and they get nothing .

What are the amount of hours a lynx pilot flys a month 10 - 15 hours, for all that extra flying pay and being on the higher rate. what a hard life.

the Corps is over run with winging aircrew, so why do we have to pay to keep you?

ML Handler,

Understandably, but sadly once again the AAC groundcrew miss the point.

The FRIs have been put in place for ALL 3 service aviators. The AAC stood to lose out on them if they did not take up the packages. Most FJ pilots also get about 10 - 15 hours per month, depending on type, but they still get the money IF they qualify. Your very own AH crews are only likely to get about 15 hours a month. So workloads are about like for like. Note also the amount of hours the aircrew spend in the sims. I understand your very own FDS will be on the go from 0700 - 2330 Mon - Fri.

Bear in mind, should you or any other groundcrew go pilot in the future, you will (eventually) qualify for those packages.

As for the groundcrew workload and quality of life...stop complaining about it and do something about it! At a recent meeting, I had a lengthy conversation with one of your Trades Review team...he appeared to be the one of the very few AAC personnel I have met, who has is head on properly about the way you guys should be trained and managed. It would seem though, the team are fighting in Jurrasic Park to get things done.

If you are un-happy with your lot...then say so. Use all "legal" methods to get the message through to the chain of command. Write articles for your Corps magazine (I assume you have one), newsletters etc, badger COs and HQ Staff on visists. If you say nothing, the management will keep putting on rose tinted glasses and you will remain forgotten.

I am involved in the wider Army aspects of AH and would suggest..if you (the AAC) still believe you can bring this aircraft (capability) into service, with attendant personnel who are still being trained to be the equal of Paras (16 AAB), RM Commandos and psuedo Infantry..then you are on to a loser! You must start generating the very best aircraft armers and refuellers, you can. Be aware there are other Arms and Services, who would relieve you of some of the generic tasks you do (Comms, driving DROPS and refuelling) at the drop of a hat, if it meant getting a share of the manpower! Neglect what you are supposed do best at your peril.

Let your management know! Dont bang on about FRIs...as with anything in the military..funding comes and goes. Oh by the way..no whininh aircrew..no aircraft...no groundcrew.  ???