financial penalty

I was at Sandhurst but decided to withdraw from training. During the several weeks it took to process my request for withdrawl, there was never any mention of a financial penalty. About 3 months after I left, I received a large bill from the army requesting reimbursement for training costs. Can the army do this if they do not inform you prior to leaving, that there will be a financial penalty and what the exact penalty will be?

james007 said:
I was at Sandhurst but decided to withdraw from training. During the several weeks it took to process my request for withdrawl, there was never any mention of a financial penalty.
Did the Army pay you a Bursary while you were at Uni?

Get Q tomake a exploding cheque and send them that

james007 said:
I was at Sandhurst but decided to withdraw from training. During the several weeks it took to process my request for withdrawl, there was never any mention of a financial penalty. About 3 months after I left, I received a large bill from the army requesting reimbursement for training costs. Can the army do this if they do not inform you prior to leaving, that there will be a financial penalty and what the exact penalty will be?
Ask them for a copy of the document, with your signature at the bottom, which states that you will be liable to re-imburse them if you withdraw early.

msr