Financial Checks in New Application

Hey guys, this may have been asked before but I couldnt find a proper answer.

Do the Army now conduct credit checks on all new applications for the army or just certain roles?

I don't have a huge amount of debt (around 10k) but I have a very poor credit rating. My debt is not causing me any problems, I am not getting chased for it and would hate for it to be a bar to me signing up.

Cheers

D

Davetheclown

You cannot join with massive debt, also some roles it would leave to coercion and blackmail. Also you can still be discharged for being a debtor.

Hopefully someone with ACIO experience can help you out, as its now Capita that do recruiting well I am stuck on that.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
General rule is, if 25-35% of you wage at Ph1 after deductions (food) etc will be used to pay debt then 203 will be needed. Over 35% is normally a bar. So in basic terms if you have over £500 of debt then chances are you won't get in until it is cleared. (There have been cases that have gone through but I don't know details or reasons)

Sup rec,

In regard to the RMP, would I receive a disclosure Scotland and then a SC form from the RMP?

I just want to check that the vetting isn't DV as I'm sure with my past financial difficulties I wouldn't pass.

Cheers in advance.

as long as your not upto your eyeballs in it, it shouldnt be a problem, as long as checks dont come back with bank transfers from Moscow