Financial Checks in New Application

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ScouseGrimble, Jul 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, this may have been asked before but I couldnt find a proper answer.

Do the Army now conduct credit checks on all new applications for the army or just certain roles?

I don't have a huge amount of debt (around 10k) but I have a very poor credit rating. My debt is not causing me any problems, I am not getting chased for it and would hate for it to be a bar to me signing up.

Cheers

2. You cannot join with massive debt, also some roles it would leave to coercion and blackmail. Also you can still be discharged for being a debtor.

Hopefully someone with ACIO experience can help you out, as its now Capita that do recruiting well I am stuck on that.

3. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

General rule is, if 25-35% of you wage at Ph1 after deductions (food) etc will be used to pay debt then 203 will be needed. Over 35% is normally a bar. So in basic terms if you have over £500 of debt then chances are you won't get in until it is cleared. (There have been cases that have gone through but I don't know details or reasons)

4. Sup rec,

In regard to the RMP, would I receive a disclosure Scotland and then a SC form from the RMP?

I just want to check that the vetting isn't DV as I'm sure with my past financial difficulties I wouldn't pass.

Cheers in advance.

5. as long as your not upto your eyeballs in it, it shouldnt be a problem, as long as checks dont come back with bank transfers from Moscow