Financial Assistance for Reservists and their Employers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by crossed_axes, Jan 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just noticed that the MOD has published exactly what it is planning to do.

It's a long document - but the bottom of page 34 is particularly interesting. It says that they will match civilian earnings IN FULL up to a max of £200k.

www.mod.uk/consultations/ri_assessment.htm

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Just saw this mentioned in Hansard - it 's well worth downloading and reading, and I will certainly be responding.

Overall, it seems quite sensible, and if it comes into force will make Mobilisation a less traumatic experince for many.

For the first phase, i.e. getting commments before drafting this report, just over 200 people commented, so every one counts!

3. Send comments on the proposal (which seems quite tasty, thanks) to:

info@financialassistance.mod.uk

or by post to

The Directorate of Reserve Forces and Cadets,
    RIA Consultation,
    Level 8, Zone E,
    Ministry of Defence,
    Main Building,
    Whitehall,
    LONDON, SW1A 2HB.

4. At a first reading it looks very good. If I read it correctly they have included a provision for claiming extra costs incurred as a result of mobilisation and removed the means test which included your partners finances.

I mention these as they mean that I might now be able to stay in once my current term expires. But I suspect that this wan't done just for me.

The only bit I objected to was the fact that they claimed units had been informed that the consultation was underway. Absolute nonsense. I was in the room when the Bn employee liaison chap was told about it by one of the lads. Not the sign of a well publicised thing I feel.