Financial Assistance consultation results out

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by One_of_the_strange, Nov 2, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oops, I didnt even know it was happening :oops:

2. msr

msr LE

WH,

You need to have words with your Unit Employer Support Officer - s/he should have been sent 4 posters to be distributed around the Sqns.

msr

3. 10,000 reservists mobilised

83 arrsed to submit their views

Hardly a convincing argument for change, is it?

4. Don't think it was well publicised. I only got to hear of it (and filled it in) through a post here.

5. There are c.150 TA units who must have all known about it - not even they could be bothered to respond. Not exactly looking out for their guys' interests are they?

6. never heard about it

7. Ho ho ho - I think ours ended up being told by someone else that it was going on.

8. After your post i rang the unit to ask who it was, the clerk (full-time) didnt know, nor did the Chief Clerk, nor it appears the PSAO 8O Indeed most questions were met with.Who?...Never heard of em' :roll:

9. If the army can get mobilisation letters to us (albeit late with mistakes in the address etc) why can't they send us letters informing us of the consultation process and the ways in which we could contribute? Could the budget not stretch to 40,000 or so mailshots or did they not really want too many people to reply in case they got responses they did n't like?

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

this post merged by MSR to here from my starting a new thread - well done to MSR for keeping everything nice and tidy, Pirbright misses you...

Guys, as you may have known there was an online questionaire for squaddies, sailors, airmen, officers, wives, employers, penguins, etc to respond to questions regarding mobilisation and particularly pay etc. The results are below in .pdf format.

http://www.financialassistance.mod.uk/files/pdf/Consultation_Results_Report.pdf

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

My immediate concerns are:

a) 137 respondents was too low a figure for the doc to be taken seriously.
    b) Too much whining (YES all points are valid but when presented together they become a forest of complaints)
    c) Too much of a wake up call for the government and it'll be shelved

on the plus side:

1. Some excellent responses
    2. Some senior responses and responses on behalf of important bodies
    3. I was really glad it (the consultation exercise) happened.

12. msr

msr LE

Try asking them who your RESO (Regional Employer Support Officer at Bde) and Regional Sabre Campaign Director are.

msr

13. Army's mission - generating forces..go figure!

Getting people to Chilwell and into the sand-pit etc. is a priority task; helping them is one for slow-time as it actually slows down force generation...once they have warm bodies then the toss they give is not of the highest IMHO/Ex. Problems can be delayed, slow-timed and generally dithered about until hopefully in six months time the Regular Army doesn't have to care too much because it all falls back on the parent (i.e. TA) unit.

Actually TA mobilised troops have it easy, talk to any reservist!!

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I tried once but he just grunted and swung from branch to branch eating bananas.