Finally Decided!!......

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Can_do_attitude, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Well after a lot of humming and harring over the past few weeks I've finally decided that I'm going for the Armoured Corps, Tank Crewman! :)

Even decided which regiment I'm going for......Queens Royal Hussars, main reason for that is because it was my dads old regiment when he was a tankie all them years ago. :p

I went up to Glencourse for selection back in september however failed the medical because a) my eyes weren't good enough for my chosen trade and b) they thought I had a heart murmour so just out of interest does anyone know if I'll have to go through all the medical again when I go back up to ADSC??

Anyone have any sort of idea too how long a wait I'll have for both ADSC and my basic date at Bassingbourn??

Thanks everyone. :D

2. Yes you will have to have another medical.

3. You will do the whole ADSC process again when you return. As for dates, your recruiting sargeant will know, why not ask him?

4. Yeah I've already asked him but he wasn't too helpful to be honest, was just hopeing I could get an 'inside' opinion kinda thing....if that makes any sense??

5. It does, and I see where you are coming from. Bear in mind though that nobody here knows you, hasn't been dealing with you and doesn't know the ins and outs of your application. If your recruiter didn't tell you anything, it will only be because he doesn't have anything to tell you.
    Bide your time, keep working on your fitness, and as soon as dates are set, you will be told.

6. Cheers mate!

7. wheni got deffered for a hear murmor i only had to be weighed and measured
    not the whole medical agin
    this was in july so not 2 long ago