Finally after what seemed like ages of carrying it around

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Mar 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was able to try out a Large deer drag this last week. I have carried one in my Roesack for almost a year and I managed to bag a Fallow Doe at the beginning of the season but lost the pics (it was also very dark). This time we managed some morning deer and got the buggers in the bag in daylight. When I work out how to load video clips on the new site I'll put them up, till then I need to sort out my IT at this end so wait out!

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A quick series of pics showing deer carcasse being loaded into the bag, secured and dragged off;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hope you make something tasty out of it!

4. Conveniently human-sized, no? ;)

5. your user name is apt ;)

And I hope you make something tasty with it?

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well half went back with the suburban bush wacker and the rest to my butcher in exchange for beerfg!

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Edited and uploaded, drag bag in use.

8. Who do you get them from? How much? What an apt user name :)

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have them made for me and they retail at £60. Good bits of kit we shifted 2 fallow in that one later!

10. Seem to do the job, particularly if they fit in a Roe sack. Bucks or does? Would it pull a red hind? Where do I order one?

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The boss says we have 2 in stock, should be able to find them this morning, they were made by the lady that makes our game and training bags and dummies for her husband who is a stalker up in Lincolnshire. He has used it for forest reds around Thetford.
    I sent one of to the St Huberts Club Shop who wanted to try our Roe Sacks and folding Gambrels but they seem to be keener on using sleds and trays for recovery! That seems very North American to me.
    If you call me we can do the card details over the phone and it will go in the post today/tomorrow morning. Phone number by PM! I think it should come out to £65 inc postage.

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok, been in the spare room and we have two along with 2 roe sacks. I have pics on the website but havent been able to load the drag in use images yet. Getting the embed for you tube to work isnt much fun either. Prices are held at last years, VAT included. I will have to change them after this stock goes though! I hope it wont be much, leather has gone up by a 3rd, another £2 a sq foot. insane as I am in the process of ordering nice little bullet pouches and getting some custom made. The off the shelf are £20 to £30 and custom anything up to £60.
    The roe sack by the way will accomodate a small fallow such as a yearling but you will feel the weight! I use it to carry the drag bag, flask, folding gambrel and gralloching kit.
    TCS Woodlands - Stalking items for sale