Final Pay On Discharge

Can I ask when you actually received you lump sum...my termination date was 1st Feb and I'm waiting patiently for my lump sum...just wondered how many days after.

Thanks
Upto 30 working days after termination.

So anything Up to mix Mar mate.

keep phoning JPAC and ask. It takes a week to process.

I didn't get mind until the sixth week. So why I had to fill the pen 1 form in so many months in advance...

I did 23 years, 22 recognised! And no briefing for me.
Because you did not turn up or it was not available ?

Only asking because I had 2. 1 by the Regimental paymaster and the 2nd was an unofficial briefing by the CC of the TA unit that I was unofficially attached to ( Final Admin ) for my last 6 months.

Good guess!!

I came on to ask a question, but as always there is always some keyboard warriors.
Asking pertinent questions and making valid points makes someone a keyboard warrior ?

Did you do 22 years ? Do they no longer do financial briefings for those about to retire ?
Only asking because I had 2. 1 by the Regimental paymaster and the 2nd was an unofficial briefing by the CC of the TA unit that I was unofficially attached to ( Final Admin ) for my last 6 months.
Where did you spend your last 2 years ? Under a basha in a wood somewhere ?

Someone, somewhere was responsible for your final admin.
Who organised your final medical, who took you through the resettlement process ? Or did you not have any of that either ?

All service leavers are offered the excellent Financial Aspects of Resettlement course, where all these things are covered. And what about the career transition workshop? These are offered up to 2 years before you leave.

I did 23 years, 22 recognised! And no briefing for me.
it's called financial aspects of resettlement... You book it via ctp. It's not even a day long. You could have booked it as non-grt resettlement, and claimed mma, Tec at any point during your final two years.

I'd you weren't offered this, I'd day it's time to complain.

did you get a briefing from your unit admin staff and iero?

I'd not, why not? If so, why didn't you know about these courses? If you did spend your final two years under a basha, why?

this is all time allotted to you for resettlement.

All service leavers are offered the excellent Financial Aspects of Resettlement course, where all these things are covered. And what about the career transition workshop? These are offered up to 2 years before you leave.
it's called financial aspects of resettlement... You book it via ctp. It's not even a day long. You could have booked it as non-grt resettlement, and claimed mma, Tec at any point during your final two years.
Forget it guys

It is clear that he is a troll.

Forget it guys

It is clear that he is a troll.
Or you are a troll.

Ive got few months till 24 years, Ive been told to find out the dates on my own, no one seems bothered, all Ive been told is to do dekit before termination & annual leave dates and sort out final medical - no mention when. (Medical center arnt exact either). No financial answers regarding payments either, RAO's dont know.

If as TT says their is a financial aspects of resettlement course, first Ive heard of it.

Not been attached to any Reserve unit ?

Or you are a troll.

Ive got few months till 24 years, Ive been told to find out the dates on my own, no one seems bothered, all Ive been told is to do dekit before termination & annual leave dates and sort out final medical - no mention when. (Medical center arnt exact either). No financial answers regarding payments either, RAO's dont know.

If as TT says their is a financial aspects of resettlement course, first Ive heard of it.

https://www.ctp.org.uk

go wild mucka.

You'll find lots of one day workshops in the 'workshops' tab.

Phone a regular unit and see if they will email you a copy of their discharge admin order document. It's basically a clearance chit.... From the army. :boogie:

Im in a regular unit - this one doesn't have one
That's pretty shocking. I was lucky in that my career meant that I already had all the quals I wanted and for my final post my family have been settled in our own house and I've been commuting so I used the GRT for "house hunting" ie going on holiday. I've saved my ILA till the end and once I secured a job and start date, next Friday in my case, I asked the CO to sign off on my taking paid work in accordance with the leave JSP.

I knew this day was coming and although I was coming and planned for it over the last 3 years so I have needed minimal support. That said, I knew it was there if I needed it and certainly I made sure that any of my junior soldiers leaving have be pointed in the right direction and advised not to chin off or pay lip service to CTP and what they have to offer.

I did find the Pen 1system confusing. As JPA wasn't playing the game the day I applied, I rang JPAC and was advised to fill out the application on the .gov website and post it. There is a section that they were supposed to return to acknowledge receipt, but never did. I waited a month and rang them up. They said they had received it but had forgotten to send it back. 67k, but only important to me.

I have been advised 4 - 6 weeks for the lump sum.

Good luck to all leaving, hopefully civvy street will be a piece of piss after the army.

Your HR clerks should have given you a personalised AI for your last few months telling you what to do and when, any reserve liability etc. Did they know you were leaving? As with everything in a soldiers career I saw it as my personal responsibility to ensure everyone was doing their job in helping me leave smoothly.

Asking pertinent questions and making valid points makes someone a keyboard warrior ?

Who organised your final medical, who took you through the resettlement process ? Or did you not have any of that either ?
Me, me and me. 23 years done an
Or you are a troll.

Same as me, I pretty much did the same. Booked everything myself, got released a few months early as I had a job opportunity. So for the last few months I was away from the army circle.

All I wanted to know was roughly when people received their lump sum and got accused of being a troll.

Good luck for the future.

Me, me and me. 23 years done an

Same as me, I pretty much did the same. Booked everything myself, got released a few months early as I had a job opportunity. So for the last few months I was away from the army circle.

All I wanted to know was roughly when people received their lump sum and got accused of being a troll.

Good luck for the future.
Phone jpac. I think pensions is option 2.

Tbh, they told me up 30 working days, and that they can see within a week of it turning up. A few days after my last call, they told me it was stil waiting and to call again in 7 days, it turned up...

Or you are a troll.

F'kin hell @DesktopCommando,
If you haven't already, get your head into the Resettlement JSP.
links to Parts 1 and 2 below.
https://www.ctp.org.uk/assets/x/58362
https://www.ctp.org.uk/assets/x/58363

There are few mandatory briefings you should have had by now. If you have not, get in touch with your Individual Education and Resettlement Officer (IERO), who will be based at your local Education centre. They will help you draft a Personal Resettlement Plan, and more importantly, make sure your CoC allow yo to follow it.

How's the job hunting going?