final medical certificate

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by spacca77, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. am i entitled to a copy of my final medical discharge certificate.

    the civi doctor said yes but the civi receptionist said no i have to apply to Glasgow.

    she was standing next to a photocopier when she said this.

    any advise please.
  2. you get a copy of the fmed 133 which you take to your civi GP to help you register and allow the GP access to army's medical records about you. If you had wanted a copy of these medical records you should have applied in writing to your practice manager/ medical officer before your final medical.

    edited to add 'why the fuck is this in current affairs?'
  3. ur name says it all - go to RHQ
  4. RHQ have nothing to do with allowing anyone access to medical records.
  5. Other than some corporate knowledge on the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.

    I think this would be best posted in the AMS forum, as there are some exemptions from both acts peculiar medical documents.
  6. What were you stood next to?
  7. If he's had his final medical the fmed 4 should by now have been parcelled up and sent to Glasgow via RHQ, it'll be out of the units hands if the med centre and units combat human resource managers have done their jobs.
    I can't find the link at the moment to the way to ask for copies of the fmed 4 and contents (complete with sample letter, just fill in the blanks).
    If the Fmed 4 has already gone to Glasgow then there is contact details on the top of the Fmed 133.