Final 1/2 st around the waste to go..HELP.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by civi-in-green, Nov 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Need help shifting this stubbon area of Fat. Love handels and belly....I run lots and lots and lots.I also swim, and do Sit ups and Press ups..........H E L P............Pleasse.

2. Sit-Ups and Press-Ups aren't really going to burn fat in the short term. If your doing enough exercise it's probably more about your diet?

3. Heart rate monitor is the way ahead.

Areobic running is what you need at your age :wink:

4. I would suggest intervals in this instance. Find a quiet stretch with streetlights or lamp posts and jog from 1st to 2nd and then sprint from 2nd to 3rd followed by a jog from 3rd to 4th and so on... It keeps the heart rate high but also keeps your metabolism firing long after your run so even when resting your are burning fat!

5. heidtheba - YOU know me to well............So, slow, dull, fat burrning runs then?

6. Yar, I up with this as part of my program...I do like the AFTER burn..

7. msr

msr LE

You can't choose which areas to lose fat from...

Examine your diet in the first instance.

msr

8. I'm in complete agreement but I often foolishly presume that anyone undertaking a serious exercise program will have identified their diet as being an important part of the solution.

9. HAHA, you haven't met the English have you.

10. 'Yes' he says sheepishly. No comment on the diet, have you met the Irish? :)

11. Look into your diet / nutrition. What foods are you eating and when?

Try six small meals a day every 2-3hrs. each consisting of one portion of protein, one portion of carbohydrates, and a portion of veg.This will speed up your metabolism, and prevent your body from storing excess calories more fat.

Lean Proteins, slow releasing carbohydrates (during the day), simple fast carbohydrates (banana, apple, fruit) after exercise. And plenty of veg.

Stay clear of chocolate, crisps, fast food, anything with tons of saturated fats.

12. Diet and lift weights. The more muscle you have the higher your metabolism will be. Weights and fartlek = the best fat burner coupled with a clean diet which is high in protein and good fats. You could always try some CLA as well? Try upping your meal count to 5/day as well.

13. Once upon a time L/Cpl MDN hadn't had his Number twos tailored from being a 16 yr old Junior leader to being a 19 year old Lance Jack who'd discovered BAOR and German lager.

He got dicked for something or other and it was decided at the last minute two's and medals were the order of the day.

On trying on his Number twos there were no stripes on it, no medal ribbons and the buttons were a drift at the chest and round the gut.

I couldn't borrow one so took the problem to the sigs bay

They proceeded to wrap me with Harry black maskers. My jacket fitted beautifully I just couldn't bend over. So there is living proof that Harry black reduces inches round the middle

14. Bash off fool.

15. Diet will play a big part in losing weight but steer clear of supplements. Unless your looking to get big.
    See my other post on diet for some pointers on a "normal" healthy diet. Also have a look at a book called Sport Nutrition by Anita Bean.
    Increase the intensity of your cardio work, aim for 80-88% maybe twice or three times a week. Get yourself a HRM :) and the nike plus device is good for giving you a pretty accurate guide to how fast you are moving.
    Muscle does burn more calories than fat but don't turn into a body building princess. You can still get stronger without going huge but balance strength with muscular endurance.