Films worth a CGI update

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cold_Collation, May 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Just looking at the thread about film/TV villians who left a mark, and seeing how many sci-fi fantasy villains are mentioned, another thought struck me:

We see a lot of CGI-based remakes of older films. 'Clash of the Titans' is a recent example - I remember going to the pictures to see the original, and Saturday morning/Christmas viewings of all the other old Ray Harryhausen films featuring Sinbad and so on.

But is there room for selective updating of older films with little bits of CGI?

George Lucas managed to c*nt up the original three Star Wars films (no, he did) by adding bits but take the original 'Terminator' as an example: it still stands up as a film of its time, has a plot and lots of atmosphere, but the final scenes where the terminator has been stripped of flesh and is going after Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese are more than a little dated. Might it be worth just updating the last few scenes but leaving the rest well alone?

What else is out there that could benefit from this, or should we leave well alone?
  2. Anal cum sluts 1 to 7
  3. Highlander i watched it a while ago first time in ages and the effects are very dated i guess we're all spoiled these days
  4. Blade Runner? Or are they too likely to cock it up?
  5. It must have been three weeks since there was a vampire film out.
  6. and the Strap-On Sally films. Especially Strap-On Sally 4 - Oh La La (it had a french theme, you see)
  7. Sacred territory here, The Longest Day.
  8. Cold_Collation

You think so? That's one I think stands up well. Shows how subjective this all is, I guess.
  9. Well, makes sense if only because they can hardly come up with yet ANOTHER blooming cut of the original. Though I dread to think who they would cast in so many iconic (if only visually) roles.

Deckard would presumably be Nicholas Cage, since he seems to be compulsory for every remake at the moment. Would be rubbish, but he would still be the casting agent's first thought.

As for Batty, Rachel, Pris...
  10. "300" could do with a touch up
  11. its so out of date, needs more t1ts!
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I've seen a colour version of that

I don't think I've seen a remake that is better than the original
    I now tend to stay clear of them
  13. King Kong?
  14. Cold_Collation

NOT remakes, though. I'm on about selective touching-up [snigger] of the original film.
  15. Any Russ Meyer film - if done in 3-D..

Giant hooters lunging out of the screen right at your speshul glasses!!..