films rationed?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Mr Turner is out now and it has received rave reviews. I wanted to go to the local Odeon to see it , I live in Sunny Sarfend.
But lo and behold it is'nt on nor is it going to be . there are a host of horror and kids films booked in from now till the new year .
I will have to go to chelmsford and hour away or some place like Brentwood if I really want to see it .
so like the supermarkets who put some products lets say good delicatessen foods in some stores but not in others , do you think the cinemas put all the crap stuff in Sarfend and the Arts movies only go up to Chelmsford. What do you think ??

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Seems to be happening a bit recently. Mr Turner seems a bit of a niche film. Northern Soul was another limited release to selected "arty" cinemas but due to public demand, well Northern Soul fans anyway, the distribution went from around 40 cinemas to over 140 for the premiere night and is still being booked at selected smaller cinemas.

Bern, forget films and smelly cinemas! Take a bracing walk along the sea front instead.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Mr Turner is out now and it has received rave reviews. I wanted to go to the local Odeon to see it , I live in Sunny Sarfend.
But lo and behold it is'nt on nor is it going to be . there are a host of horror and kids films booked in from now till the new year .
I will have to go to chelmsford and hour away or some place like Brentwood if I really want to see it .
so like the supermarkets who put some products lets say good delicatessen foods in some stores but not in others , do you think the cinemas put all the crap stuff in Sarfend and the Arts movies only go up to Chelmsford. What do you think ??

I'm alright, Jack. http://www.stationcinema.com/index.php?dIndex=7

Going to see it tomorrow on FACT,Liverpool.Orange Wednesday,2 for 1.

Mr Turner

Featuring many of Leigh’s repertory troupe, including Paul Jesson, Lesley Manville, Marion Bailey and of course Timothy Spall in the title role, this boisterous dissertation on Britain’s greatest landscape artist J. M. W. Turner is Mike Lei...

Read more

Arty film eh? It'll be on the telly soon...

Rodney2q

Latest Threads