Film title ?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by delberto, Aug 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm after the title of a film set during WW2, the plot followed a small group of Paras cut off behind enemy lines somewhere in Europe, it may be after Arnhem.
    One scene sees one of the Paras stalk a lone jerry before off loading his sten into him. I think they all get twatted trying to get back through the lines.

Can someone please help ?

2. I think you are thinking of The Long Day's Dying.

They start on an OP, bump a Gerry recce patrol, they get captured then they get the upper hand and decide to make their way back to their lines. At which point it really goes tits up.

It was this film which resulted in my sewing a guitar string into the collar of my combat jacket and razor blades into the internal lining. I also spent hours practising flipping razor blades into "Double Top" on the dartboard. I was 16, what are you gonna do??

It is a brilliant film with loads of good fieldc raft tips in it. It is set just after D-Day, before the Paras were withdrawn to regroup.

Check out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063237/

3. Bloody Hell! Is that a film as well?
    It was one of my favourite books when I was younger.

I'll have to have a look out for it. Do you know if it's available on DVD?

4. Follow the link Tartan Terrier, follow the link....

5. Cuddles, thanks for that. Onetap, thanks for the input, I'll look out for Story of an Escape.....

cheers all..