Film - Major Nana Twumasi-Ankrah, Household Cavalry

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FCO, Jun 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FCO

Hi all,

Just wanted to flag up this video which may be of interest - it's an interview with Major Nana Twumasi-Ankrah of the Household Cavalry. It's part of a series of videos from the Foreign Office called 'See Britain' which looks at individuals in the UK who have come from a variety of different backgrounds.

"The British Army Officer of the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment discusses taking part in the Trooping the Colour parade and the diversity of the Household Cavalry. Born in Ghana, the Major moved to the UK when he was younger. As the first black officer commissioned in the Household Cavalry to command 120 men and 120 horses, the Major believes the diverse make-up of his regiment embodies the wider modern Britain where "officers from so many backgrounds all mix together as one."​

More details here -
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Ruddy hell, the FCO on ARRSE.Christ we are honoured, and I liked the video
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Not throwing anything at the Major, but I need something cleared up. I understood that Household Cavalry had a near-enough 2:1 ratio of horse to man? Or am I talking out my hoop (again)?
  4. Nice :) This guy could teach our politicians' a lot (if he could get them to listen).
    • Like Like x 1