• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Film - Layer Cake

Daniel Craig is a pouting poof-tah whos scared to say the F word. Film is utter shite. Who's had enough of second rate actors pretending to be hard, stereotypical Cockneys?

I actually liked it, don't like Daniel Craig, but the film didn't take itself to seriously. I've just watched 'Botched' now that was Sh1te.... but funny.

OK, as a film it kept me glued to the set but I was just pished off with the Lock Stock type stuff. There was nothing fresh about the film, a decent story line might have helped and the opening narration by Craig was a dim script.

PandaLOVE said:
Daniel Craig is a pouting poof-tah whos scared to say the F word. Film is utter shite. Who's had enough of second rate actors pretending to be hard, stereotypical Cockneys?
Do you just not like him because hes got ginger hair?

I liked it too. I thought it was actually trying not to be like the Guy Richie mockney gansta types. As has been said, it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously and it wasn't trying to be funny or clever. Just a good Brit flick to be honest.

You know it's been out for a few years now?

I thought that Michael Gambon was the best bit of the film.

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son."

Sound like any organisation we know?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
I liked it too. I thought it was actually trying not to be like the Guy Richie mockney gansta types. As has been said, it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously and it wasn't trying to be funny or clever. Just a good Brit flick to be honest.

Released 2004.

RIGRAT said:
PandaLOVE said:
Do you just not like him because hes got ginger hair?
It's not that I don't like the cnut it's just that he said 'fcuk this' and 'fcuk that' as if he were a 12 year old boy scared of being heard by mummy for saying a 'bad word'.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:

It succeeded there then.

PandaLOVE said:
OK, as a film it kept me glued to the set but I was just pished off with the Lock Stock type stuff. There was nothing fresh about the film, a decent story line might have helped and the opening narration by Craig was a dim script.
Like flash said, if you look past the London gangster theme the content is actually nothing like Lock Stock. If the storyline was too jumpy abouty for you then try reading the book, it fills a lot of gaps.

Edited for mandibum styleee grammar

FatBoyGeorge said:
PandaLOVE said:
Like flash said, if you look past the London gangster theme the content is actually nothing like Lock Stock. If the storyline was too jumpy abouty for you then try reading the book, it fills a lot of gaps.

Look past the gangster theme? How do I do that then? It's a gangster type film! Bit like looking past a dumbass baby dear in Bambi :wink:

PandaLOVE said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
PandaLOVE said:

Look past the gangster theme? How do I do that then? It's a gangster type film! Bit like looking past a dumbass baby dear in Bambi :wink:
So you'll just base any Brit film that has an underworld theme on Lock Stock then?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
PandaLOVE said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
PandaLOVE said:

So you'll just base any Brit film that has an underworld theme on Lock Stock then?
If it has the same second rate actors and director then yes. The first sight of Bob the Turk, Hatchet Harry, Billy the Fish, Minnie the Minx or any other ridiculous ganster name spouting off, "Shuuut your fuuuuuckin marf'" and I'll turn off instantly.

Latest Threads