Film - Layer Cake

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PandaLOVE, Oct 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Daniel Craig is a pouting poof-tah whos scared to say the F word. Film is utter shite. Who's had enough of second rate actors pretending to be hard, stereotypical Cockneys?
  2. I liked it.
  3. I actually liked it, don't like Daniel Craig, but the film didn't take itself to seriously. I've just watched 'Botched' now that was Sh1te.... but funny.
  4. OK, as a film it kept me glued to the set but I was just pished off with the Lock Stock type stuff. There was nothing fresh about the film, a decent story line might have helped and the opening narration by Craig was a dim script.
  5. Do you just not like him because hes got ginger hair?
  6. I liked it too. I thought it was actually trying not to be like the Guy Richie mockney gansta types. As has been said, it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously and it wasn't trying to be funny or clever. Just a good Brit flick to be honest.

You know it's been out for a few years now?
  7. I thought that Michael Gambon was the best bit of the film.

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son."

Sound like any organisation we know?
  8. Released 2004.
  9. Good book. OK film.
  10. It's not that I don't like the cnut it's just that he said 'fcuk this' and 'fcuk that' as if he were a 12 year old boy scared of being heard by mummy for saying a 'bad word'.
  11. It succeeded there then.
  12. Like flash said, if you look past the London gangster theme the content is actually nothing like Lock Stock. If the storyline was too jumpy abouty for you then try reading the book, it fills a lot of gaps.

Edited for mandibum styleee grammar
  13. It's not based on a true story.
  14. Random quote there, shitlips. :roll:
  15. I liked it.