File Icons have gone transparent and cannot be accessed by some programs/application?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by BuggerAll, Mar 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A lot of my file icons have become transparent and I cannot access them with some programs and applications.

For example they don't show up on my quick launch task bar but they are in the quick launch folder.

More annoyingly I'm trying to build a website and the files that are 'transparent' don't show up in the web builder so I can't use images etc in my design.

I've tried copying the contents of the file and renaming them but there still transparent. It also seems quite random which are and are not. Some newly created files are and others aren't ditto older ones. It even seems to affect files in my external hard drive.

I've tried Google but to no avail.
  2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thansks. I've done the first part but it had no effect but I can't do the second bit with the database.I'm using Windows Vista and I can't unlock my application data files. I've tried to follow the advice but I'm denied access every time.
  3. msr

msr LE

4. Right-click -> Properties -> Uncheck "Hidden"

Sounds like you've made them hidden but "Show hidden files and folders" is enabled, hence the transparency.