Fijian Day - Wattisham

#1
As the dad of one of the poor school children who were bussed up to Wattashame yesterday to see this "spectacular", then forced to sit at the back where they couldn't see and then refused the Fijian scran because it was for the VIPs and squadies, I do wonder if the Army really does enjoy shooting itself in the foot PR wise. No1 son's best bit of his crap day was "driving through the camp"!

As a scalley we have the White Helemts, the AAC seem to want to show the backs of VIPs to their public.

Rant over.

CQ


Link
 
#2
Lick the back of an Alkaseltzer and start again...

What open day, what Fijians?
 
#4
CQCQCQ said:
My mistake Wattisham's Fijians at Wattisham
Ah, now I understand..... :roll:
 
#5
CQCQCQ said:
As the dad of one of the poor school children who were bussed up to Wattashame yesterday to see this "spectacular", then forced to sit at the back where they couldn't see and then refused the Fijian scran because it was for the VIPs and squadies, I do wonder if the Army really does enjoy shooting itself in the foot PR wise. No1 son's best bit of his crap day was "driving through the camp"!

As a scalley we have the White Helemts, the AAC seem to want to show the backs of VIPs to their public.

Rant over.

CQ


Link
Write to your MP. Tell him the Army aren't doing a good job in the PR dept. I'll bet it's high up on the list next to 'Fighting in Stan/Iraq'.

Are you the type who used to write in to Barry Took on Points of View complaining that the licence fee wasnt enough?


Yours digruntled,
Flasheart
Lemington Spa
 
#7
The Lord Flasheart said:
Are you the type who used to write in to Barry Took on Points of View complaining that the licence fee wasnt enough?
No I am not that type at all.

Pissing off 100 primary school kids and their teachers ain't helping the PR drive is it.
 
#8
I'm sorry, CQCQCQ, but could you, in something approaching English, tell me WTF you are on about. So far I've gathered that a number of primary school children have been to something to do with Fijians at Wattisham, and that you blame the Army for this being poo. Surely Wattisham is an RAF base? Where does the Army figure in 'schoolchildren and their opinion of a day at an RAF base?'
 
#9
CQCQCQ,

I appreciate what you're trying to get across. Stating your frustrations on here is about as useful as a company of French infantry in Afghanistan. It'll be here, but nobody of any value will see it.

If you feel this strongly what I suggest what you do is to write to the powers that be in Wattasham or 16 Bde and air your views, then somebody with some real self-importance and influence will give it a damn good ignoring.

The Army is all about nepotism, the hierarchy really don't care about the public, or even their soldiers, they want to look good in front of their peers and superiors ready for the next OJAR.
 
#10
Nibbler said:
Surely Wattisham is an RAF base? Where does the Army figure in 'schoolchildren and their opinion of a day at an RAF base?'
Blimey, welcome to the 21st century. Where have you been hiding for the past 13 years?????
 
#11
Blimey, welcome to the 21st century. Where have you been hiding for the past 13 years?????
Somewhere where communication is the idea of telling people things in a coherent and understandable way that conveys information: are you saying that Wattisham is now an Army base?
 
#12
SamCaine said:
CQCQCQ,


If you feel this strongly what I suggest what you do is to write to the powers that be in Wattasham or 16 Bde and air your views, then somebody with some real self-importance and influence will give it a damn good ignoring.

The Army is all about nepotism, the hierarchy really don't care about the public, or even their soldiers, they want to look good in front of their peers and superiors ready for the next OJAR.
Letters are winging their way to the Station Commander as I type.

Your second point is well made.
 
#13
Nibbler said:
Blimey, welcome to the 21st century. Where have you been hiding for the past 13 years?????
Somewhere where communication is the idea of telling people things in a coherent and understandable way that conveys information: are you saying that Wattisham is now an Army base?
Yup has been for Oh at least ten years. Supposedly the largest military helicopter base in Europe ( 2 x AAC Regts with a TA one due in soon and 1 X REME Btn IIRC), and one assumes home to some Fijians.
 
#14
Nibbler said:
Somewhere where communication is the idea of telling people things in a coherent and understandable way that conveys information: are you saying that Wattisham is now an Army base?
Just read a few of the threads on this part of the forum, they've been communicating this piece of information for years.

So, to spell it out for you, Wattisham has been an Army base since 1993. (Yes, for the pedants, I know that we let out part of the real estate to the jolly nice SAR types so they have somewhere to park their pipes and slippers).
 
#15
and one assumes home to some Fijians.
See? There's our problem in this thread... Why should one assume this? It's on a par with saying that 'the Peruvian day at RAF Fairford was poo'... Peruvians? WTF? I'm beginning to glimpse the meaning behind your original comment, but it's taken valuable minutes of my life that will never be regained... :roll:
 
#16
I thought the Army as a whole was home to more than a few Fijians, without them our rugby team would be a bit short of good results.
 
#17
Nibbler said:
and one assumes home to some Fijians.
See? There's our problem in this thread... Why should one assume this? It's on a par with saying that 'the Peruvian day at RAF Fairford was poo'... Peruvians? WTF? I'm beginning to glimpse the meaning behind your original comment, but it's taken valuable minutes of my life that will never be regained... :roll:
Following the link I kindly provided would have:

1. Given you details about the event

2. Informed you that it was an Army organised event at an Army station
 
#18
Nibbler said:
and one assumes home to some Fijians.
See? There's our problem in this thread... Why should one assume this? It's on a par with saying that 'the Peruvian day at RAF Fairford was poo'... Peruvians? WTF? I'm beginning to glimpse the meaning behind your original comment, but it's taken valuable minutes of my life that will never be regained... :roll:
Most people who frequent this forum will know that the Army now employs a significant number of Fijians, and that Wattisham has been an AAC base since 1993, so for most of us it was easy enough to understand what was going on.

If you've don't know much about the Army, just state it up front and chances are you'll get clearer answers in future. On the other hand, you'll probably just get a load of abuse and told to f**k off.
 
#19
CQCQCQ said:
Following the link I kindly provided would have:

1. Given you details about the event

2. Informed you that it was an Army organised event at an Army station
Good answer, I've now got to clean my monitor and keyboard! :clap:
 
#20
'AAC ' and anything vaguely organised - let alone well organised just don't sit right together. They're a bunch of faggoty blue bereted poofs who enjoy frottage and back combing their non-existent locks with axle grease. Want a good day out? Try Legoland or a Girl Guide Jamboree.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top