• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Fiji to ban established politicians from 2014 election

Fiji regime to ban established politicians from 2014 election

March 2, 2010 22:08:15

Fiji's military backed regime has announced that any politician who has played a role in the country's politics, since 1987, will be banned from contesting the promised elections in 2014.

The announcement has been made by interim Prime Minister Commodore Frank Bainimarama, who told local media Fiji needs new politicians. But the decision has been criticised by existing political parties, and analysts, who believe the military wants to handpick a government, which will not question its actions.
An interesting concept. I wonder how it would be carried out in the UK?

I lived in Fiji for 5 years. Great place, wonderful people; Fiji Bitter is good and the Bounty Rum even better. The last recorded case of tribal cannibalism was in 1947 when a Indo-Fijian farmer was eaten by local villagers ( going for an Indian still has different connotations in Suva)

It seems like Bainimarama aka Cranky Franky has not been getting his necessary medication, supplied I believe by the Kiwis.

He started out well getting rid of the racist PM Qarase and his corrupt toadies and promising free and fair elections, clean government, etc, etc, but failed to deliver and if anyone speaks out now the lads of 3FIR go round and ask them to desist. Interesting to note most Commonwealth 'strongmen' have a Sandhurst connection but Frank is all matlot.

NB. The British High Commission houses a British Army Support Officer to facilitate Fijian recruitment. Cracking job ....

Latest Threads