Fiji military chief stages coup

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Dec 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6208758.stm

Well there's a surprise.

Really Mr. Howard? I could swear what you meant to say was "It's not worth the light Bruce"

2. Presumably the DS from BRNC that taught him how as a cadet have watched each coup with ever increasing pride?

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Can hardly blame him. I was in Fiji on holiday back in 2000 when George Speight staged his coup, was only 3 days of my holiday left to run so didn't spoil it :D. I went back to oz and watched with interest it all unfold. The Army kept out of it while it remained peaceful but then Speight and his co-horts started to get stroppy so the Army stepped in and put it down.

Now the (ex) PM wanted to grant a pardon to all those currently in jail for treason and let them out. Thats asking for trouble so the Army said no. The PM then tried to remove Bainimarama which is like poking a hornets nest with a stick then being surprised when you get stung. Politicians, derserve everything they get....

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just heard on BFBS radio that the UK hs withdrawn military aid to the country.