• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Fiji - Booted out of the Commonwealth!

pandaplodder said:
They are in and out of the Commonwealth so much they are nicknamed Zeberdee!
Quite right, often it's a race thing.

Apparently, on one occasion prior to Fiji being chucked out out of the C'wealth, the Fijan Army having rebelled; the New Zealand PM of the day (NZ having some sort of responsibility for the islands, then) instructed the NZ army to invade.

The RNZIR officers, having more inkling of the capabilities of the Fijian army than the PM, wisely demurred and the proposed invasion never happened and Fiji left the Commonwealth

As a Welsh rugby supporter - bloody good show!

As a British subject, bloody bad show!!

Fiji - great place, great people, so sad about the politicians - just like Great Britain!

While we were in Fiji enjoying local R & R and in particular holding a Coy Barbecue and Party the allegation that the married Brigade Commander who happened to be passing and was well oiled; copped off with a very dark lady with enormous bazookas is absolutely unfounded.

P

PrinceAlbert

In my experience they're great on the rugby park, but useless, lazy, ill disciplined soldiers. Unfortunatley.

Fortunately some of them can spell.

Many have also been prepared to die for our country - so sweeping generalizations may not be appropriate.

PrinceAlbert said:
In my experience they're great on the rugby park, but useless, lazy, ill disciplined soldiers. Unfortunatley.
Not in my experience. Any group you care to name will have its fair share of muppets, but many of the Fijian soldiers I've encountered have been good at their job and enthusiastic as fcuk to boot.

Latest Threads