Figure 11 & 12 targets

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Would anyone have the dimensions of such to hand? I've tried googling it without much success.

Flight said:
Would anyone have the dimensions of such to hand? I've tried googling it without much success.[/quote

As I recall a figure 11 is 1500mm high and 500mm wide. Fig 12 same width but less than half the height I think. I suppose you really need all the scoring ring details too.

NRA might give you the details even though they use teh silly politically correct versions.

Don't forget that a fig 12c is a reduced size.

I seem to recall (although it was a long time ago) that Fig 11's are 400mm x 1000mm and Fig 12's are 400m x 500m.

Edited to add:

I have just found this:

http://www.owrpc.co.uk/page.php?14

Figure 11. This is 44 inches high by 17 inches wide and depicts a charging infantry soldier.
44 inches = 1114mm and 17 inches = 432mm

and

Figure 12. This "head and shoulders" target measures 21.5 inches high by 17 inches wide
21.5 inches = 546mm and 17 inches = 432mm

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you very much. :)

The advice given for aiming off due to crosswinds seems a bit sketchy to me hence I thought memorising the ballistics table for 10mph Xwinds was an idea. Of course knowing to aim off x inches at 400 is not much use unless you can relate it to the size of the target.

Cheers.

Any of you know where we can actually get our paws on fig.12's? The Danes use green falling rectangles with a pointy bit at the top. When we shoot with the plods, they have slags with handbags/pistols etc.No PC plod here.