Fighting naked is no joke

At Agincourt the English all had dysentery and had to fight without tights or leggings, naked, include King Henry V
Battle of Agincourt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As can be seen, the 14th Army also had to fight in the raw

A Chindit column crossing a river in Burma, men suffering from dysentery often went naked.

Having to crouch and lie down in the jungle with the feeling that one's genitals and posterior are totally exposed must have been a 'orrible experience!

At Agincourt the English all had dysentery and had to fight without tights or leggings, naked, include King Henry V

A Chindit column crossing a river in Burma, men suffering from dysentery often went naked.

Having to crouch and lie down in the jungle with the feeling that one's genitals and posterior are totally exposed must have been a 'orrible experience!
Looks more like they have stripped off to do a river crossing TBH. Unless you have to remove boots to stop them filling up with shite?

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Naked twister would be more fun

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
And this is in jokes because?

Why take your keks off but not your boots? Cloth would dry a hell of a lot quicker in that heat.
Nasty spikey things on the road/river bed?

They might all be naked due to the screaming shits I suppose but just looks a bit odd.

From "Braveheart" up to today, true Scotsmen have no need for underwear

'Is anything worn under the kilt?'

'Och noo, its all in perfect working order.'

Thanks Spike.

'Is anything worn under the kilt?'

'Och noo, its all in perfect working order.'

Thanks Spike.
When first meeting the now FiL in front of the whole iL family - "so what do you Scotsmen wear under your skirts?" (He turns to the table for guffaws and approval.)

"Your wife's lipstick." Deathly hush until he nearly pissed himself laughing ...

Looks more like they have stripped off to do a river crossing TBH. Unless you have to remove boots to stop them filling up with shite?
My bold.

I'm with you on that one. Having done a few river crossings (not operational) sans clothing ensemble, just so I/we didn't have to fuck about the rest of the day in wet gear.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Has your brain completely turned to sudsa ?

Somewhere, on one of the tapes that make up my enormous heap of now redundant VHS recordings of things military from the TV in the 80s and 90s, there is a documentary about D-Day, featuring a brief clip from a yank newsreel, showing GIs hiking in single file past the camera, up a sandy track between shallow dunes, to get off one of the landing beaches.

In amongst them - suddenly, and briefly - a bloke with no strides.

Boots, shirt, rifle, bin lid and marching order - Check.

Strides - AWOL.

Most odd. Nor was he laffing.

From "Braveheart" up to today, true Scotsmen have no need for underwear

Hong Kong around 95 or 96 I believe.

I have been told that yer manny there got a bollocking (no pun intended) - because hose hose tops weren't level.

Hong Kong around 95 or 96 I believe.

I have been told that yer manny there got a bollocking (no pun intended) - because hose hose tops weren't level.
Saw one like that in the German newsmag Stern in the '70s. Jock squaddy doing sentry on ceremonial sentry-go somewhere, performing a text book 'Outwards Turn On The March', with the thigh parallel to the ground, the kilt flung several inches higher than his thigh, and his meat and two veg occupying some of the space in between.

Duties dinnae get much mair public than tha', ye ken!!