Fighting naked is no joke

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Jokes' started by Maalox, Aug 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At Agincourt the English all had dysentery and had to fight without tights or leggings, naked, include King Henry V
    Battle of Agincourt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As can be seen, the 14th Army also had to fight in the raw

[​IMG]
    A Chindit column crossing a river in Burma, men suffering from dysentery often went naked.

Having to crouch and lie down in the jungle with the feeling that one's genitals and posterior are totally exposed must have been a 'orrible experience!

2. Looks more like they have stripped off to do a river crossing TBH. Unless you have to remove boots to stop them filling up with shite?

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Why take your keks off but not your boots? Cloth would dry a hell of a lot quicker in that heat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Naked twister would be more fun

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

And this is in jokes because?

6. And would you believe that that Chindit operation was actually called "Operation Longcloth"!
    Chindits 1st Expedition 1943 Operation Longcloth

7. Nasty spikey things on the road/river bed?

They might all be naked due to the screaming shits I suppose but just looks a bit odd.

8. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Unless of course you were a man at arms and fought in armour. Then your armour got a little smelly due to having the shits....

Wordsmith

9. From "Braveheart" up to today, true Scotsmen have no need for underwear

[​IMG]

10. 'Is anything worn under the kilt?'

'Och noo, its all in perfect working order.'

Thanks Spike.

11. In the F/E and Efrica there are some nasty wormy parasite things that can access the body through the soles of the feet: Strongyloides stercoralis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. When first meeting the now FiL in front of the whole iL family - "so what do you Scotsmen wear under your skirts?" (He turns to the table for guffaws and approval.)

"Your wife's lipstick." Deathly hush until he nearly pissed himself laughing ...

• Like Like x 1
  13. My bold.

I'm with you on that one. Having done a few river crossings (not operational) sans clothing ensemble, just so I/we didn't have to fuck about the rest of the day in wet gear.

14. If any u are in the British army write on my post

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Has your brain completely turned to sudsa ?