Fighting Boots.

Due to the recent outbreak of boot questions, I pose another.....

What is the best footwear for pub fighting in?

Trainees for quick in and outs?

Or DM's for delivering a good shoeing, maybe a bit hard to run in for when the filth turn up..

:?

Adidas Samba.

Choice of the thoughtful Scouse Urchin on Euro awaydays since the 70's.

A thousand leggers from euro wide train and plane jibs and double clicking turnstiles can't be wrong.

Deliver a surprisingly hefty boot when needed too.

For when you absolutely, positively have to make a getaway? Accept no substitute.

:D

Not that I have wide experience, but I'd have thought that old standard the Clark's desert wellie. Lightweight for the pursuit/withdrawal in contact phases but with a good stiff sole which protrudes at the toe, allowing the kick to apply maximum pressure at the point of impact.

And wearing trainers to a brawl just make you look like a scouser.

What's wrong with a pair a Timberlands? Good solid boot but doesn't give the impression that you are looking for trouble.

Something with nails sticking point out from the toe cap.

smartascarrots said:
Not that I have wide experience, but I'd have thought that old standard the Clark's desert wellie. Lightweight for the pursuit/withdrawal in contact phases but with a good stiff sole which protrudes at the toe, allowing the kick to apply maximum pressure at the point of impact.

Please note the "Desert Wellie" must be stained with pi$$, Blood & Spvnk ( your own spvnk unless your gay).

CAT have brought out a mountain Boot/walking boot with steel toe caps handy for dealing with gobshite lebanise in night clubs.
Achmed highly recommends them

I wear my work boots,toecaps and midsoles-my best face stamping boots!
And because I work with a lot of unpleasent chemicals(lots of cyanide) thet adds all sorts of possibilities to a flesh wound
Not that I get involved in that sort of thing of course

Timberland Gore-Tex are my weapon of choice. Smart enough, and capable of delivering a good hoof.

I was just wondering if there was something better out there.

If you wear trainees then you're in danger of a good stomping, but if the windmills' going, who's going to get close enough?

Decisions, decisions. I await the once-a-year drinkers over the festive season, so must be prepared!

SturmBanger said:
Hobnails anyone?
Beat me to it. Great for delivering a savage kicking but dodgy as fcuk in the withdrawal or pursuit phase. Especially on cobbles.

Old school 22 hole Doc Martens with red laces, steel toecaps optional. They give optimum protection to the shins, deliver a hefty kick and have the benefit of air cushioned soles for the quick getaway.

Sorry thought this was a dig at a large global pharmecutical company over the supply of the pill to teenagers. But I wear Timberlands, good disguise as no one expects you to get involved.

stay away from rigger boots. As heavy as they are they dont stay on when delivering kicks and its very difficult to fight when you're hoping over to your boot.

them industrial goth boots from the 80s.

if you have the strength to swing them your practically wearing a wrecking ball on your feet.

but you gotta have the weird industrial goth look to really make it scary/funny.

bit buggered when it comes to running mind.

Private_Pike said:
Old school 22 hole Doc Martens with red laces, steel toecaps optional. They give optimum protection to the shins, deliver a hefty kick and have the benefit of air cushioned soles for the quick getaway.
P-P, got to agree with you there, or winkle pickers :twisted:

Latest Threads