Fighter Pilot Afghanistan - Give me strength

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by B_AND_T, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Anybody seen this pile of monkey spunk.

Couple of decent shots of the aircraft and the rest of it on the hugh problem of a little rain at the Officers Summer Ball.

Not quite the same as Ross Kemps view on the place.

Crab Wankers.
  2. "money spunk"

"hugh problem"
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Ooops, sorted.

I know what I meant.
  4. Got a link?
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It's on YouTube but I can't get to it from work.
  6. People who make reality TV docu-dramas are making these sort of things-they have no clue how to shoot action or show what the people actually do in their role, they're just after teary, hysterical emotional 'reveals'- they must be finding it hard filming in a military organisation with less emotional hysterics available to have on-screen freakouts...even in the crabs!
  7. Do you remember Warzone of channel 5? Same sort of thing. Made the RAF look like they were at an aggressive version of Butlin's, except the redcoats were in deserts. Got canned after 3 episodes.
  8. Read Lt Cdr Ade Orchard's book (OC 800 NAS) for a better review of life as a Harrier jock in Afghanistan.....
  9. Christ that was dog dirt, must be a hard life with a full on night club run by the dutch. Still the RAF, in slipper city, no change there then.
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Looks like Warzone has been re hashed and will be rebroadcast

DOCUMENTARY: Air Force Afghanistan
    On: five (5)
    Date: Friday 12th June 2009 (starting in 10 days)
    Time: 20.00 to 21.00 (1 hour long)

Documentary series chronicling life for the British servicemen and women stationed at Kandahar air base in southern Afghanistan.
    A squadron of new recruits arrives in Afghanistan to take over the essential job of guarding the base.
    Elsewhere, a Harrier jet pilot embarks on a high-speed reconnaissance mission;
    locals pour into the base to set up the weekly market; and the tough guys compete for the title of Kandahar's strongest man.
    Actor Dexter Fletcher narrates the action.
    (New, Followed By Five News at 9, Subtitles

I think Dexter Fletcher saw more action in Band of Brothers than this lot :D
  11. I like Dexter - WTF is he doing in this tosh?
  12. So I take it there'll be less RAF birds sunbathing and whinging about the accommodation in Bastion, less RAF regiment locking themselves out of their rooms and hopefully more harrier ground crews working bloody hard on fixing up airframes?
  13. nah, it'll be the director trying to get some young RAF bird to cry about something. TV GOLD!
  14. Hopefully we'll see some female SAC making sure that SNCOs and WOs are getting all of their leave entitlement and claims as they're working in such hard conditions. Often wondered why I couldn't get stuff on the ITAS flights and now I know it was beacuse of picnic tables and military tourists.

Best quote to anyone in the RAF - "Imagine you were in the military".