Fight Through ARRSE Rock/Pop Compilation Album (Proposal)

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BuggerAll, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I started a thread on Rock/Pop with War and Military Themes at (www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=25353/start=50.html) which has come up with some great music (some dire crap too).

What I'm suggesting is a compilation CD with the best/most appropiate of those tracks to raise money for RBL and ABF. Technically it could be done by desktop publishing - depending on demand. After all if CD pirates can manage it I'm sure some of the finest military minds on the interweb can turn thier hand to it.

What I don't know is how you get permission to use the tracks. Do you have to approach each artist? Or is there a central body?

I thought a good name would be 'Fight Through' or maybe 'Fight Through - Rock On'

Is this a good idea or have I drifted of into a fantasy land of Colonel Walter sknn, rock impressario and arrse unextrodinaire?

2. Great idea. Try contacting Performing Rights Society for getting advice on licenses. With a bit of effort and convincing patter they might well get the artists to support a worthy cause.

If it turns out anything like as good as the old 'Rock Aid - Armenia' album it'll make a bomb.

Do it, and see if you can get 'Bring The Boys Back Home' from Pink Floyd's classic 'The Wall'

3. Bl00dy computers!!!!!!!!!

Apologies.

4. What about an Arrse rugby songs CD. There must be a few arrsers who can play instruments. If the majority of the British armed forces are like you blokes it would sell like hot-cakes.