Fight club set up at school for mentally disabled,

This is too cool a prospect to ignore. Tears of laughter at Timmy in South Park, never thought it would become reality though - it ough to be released on DVD soon yes?

You would have to build a big boxing ring for that ,them fcukers cant half punch when they get going , whose volunteering for the job of referee, you wouldnt need sponges in the corner to wipe there faces they could just lick each other maalaaar :lol:

Re the above post;
I wish this was my idea. My old coach, when applying for national ABA level accreditation had to supply a plan. The subject being, "How to Make Boxing More inclusive in the UK."
The legend came up with a plan alright. And delivered it straightfaced to the examiners, little knowing what taboos he had broken. The plan?
Disabled Boxing. Using Flight Swings Within the Ring.
Man should have been a millionaire if he had got that going.

The Ref would need to be brave, as taking one on the chin from a wild eyed dribbler could result in massive trauma.

My mum used to volunteer with the Red Cross and would work at the disabled Coventry vs Glasgow games as part of this.

One time I went down to meet the train bringing the Glasgow team back from Coventry to give mum a lift home.

Two rather large Down’s syndrome lads in late teens or early twenties started knocking lumps out of each other over an argument about medals won. It only stopped because my mother shouted out “If you two don’t stop that right now I am phoning your mothers” before that it was hammer and tongs and they were both making a great stab at keeping their heads up. Transport police did not know what to do, I think they weren’t sure about the procedure for battoning a special needs adult was.

adouglasmhor said:
My mum used to volunteer with the Red Cross and would work at the disabled Coventry vs Glasgow games as part of this.

One time I went down to meet the train bringing the Glasgow team back from Coventry to give mum a lift home.

Two rather large Down’s syndrome lads in late teens or early twenties started knocking lumps out of each other over an argument about medals won. It only stopped because my mother shouted out “If you two don’t stop that right now I am phoning your mothers” before that it was hammer and tongs and they were both making a great stab at keeping their heads up. Transport police did not know what to do, I think they weren’t sure about the procedure for battoning a special needs adult was.
what i want to know is why in the name of god did you not film this on your mobile???

you could of been a hero

exnorthener said:
adouglasmhor said:

what i want to know is why in the name of god did you not film this on your mobile???

you could of been a hero

In those days mobile phones were the size of house bricks and didn't have cameras on them only yuppies and hard drug dealers owned them. Video cameras were the size of suitcases and had a trolley with the power pack and tapes on board following after them. It was late 80s

I'm not sure the idea isn’t a non starter,
Imagine the logistics involved in testing all the ice-cream for narcotics.
And if you had to break down the mongs by weight category it would never end, as there heads on average weigh 26 stone. Would they be required to where gloves and head gear (I’m presuming there not pro's so yes) if so how the frick do you train a mong to eat his ice-cream and hold a labooon whilst wearing 16 ounce gloves?

I not saying I won’t watch, I'm just saying it’s going to take some organising that’s all.

Yeah. And if you think that the fights are sick, see what we got jacked up to parade the Round Cards...