fight British soldiers and die as martyrs

#1
Extremist students are sentenced

The group have been sentenced by a court at the Old Bailey
Four students and a schoolboy who planned to fight British soldiers and die as martyrs have been sentenced by a court at the Old Bailey.
The judge said they were "intoxicated" by radical Islamist propaganda.

Mohammed Irfan Raja, 19, received two years' youth detention while Aitzaz Zafar, 20, and Awaab Iqbal, 20, received three years' detention.

Usman Ahmed Malik, 21, was sent to prison for three years and Akbar Butt, 20, was given 27 months' detention.

They had all been found guilty of possessing material for terrorist purposes.




According to the prosecution, the group were all planning to go to Pakistan for training before going to fight jihad.

Recruitment

The Bradford University students were arrested after schoolboy Mohammed Irfan Raja, of Ilford, east London, ran away from home in February last year.

The trial at the Old Bailey heard that he left a note for his parents saying he was going to fight abroad and they would meet again in heaven.

Raja had been recruited by the students on the internet - Zafar, of Rochdale, Lancashire, Malik and Iqbal, of Bradford, and Butt, of Southall, west London.

Raja had exchanged radical Islamist propaganda materials with them before going to stay with them.

But he returned home three days later after his parents begged him to come back.
 
#2
MrBenaud said:
who planned to fight British soldiers and die as martyrs
I can live with that, even if they didn't.
 
#5
RFUK said:
smartascarrots said:
MrBenaud said:
who planned to fight British soldiers and die as martyrs
I can live with that, even if they didn't.
At least they were realistic in their expectations!
Saying that, they may have got lucky and then I'd have to write another RIP on this site and frankly, I've written enough of them now.

I'd have been happier with a stronger sentence simply as this case will set precedent but at least they did go down for time.
 
#6
Fighting and dying is fine with me, fighting and killing is something else.
Let us wish their mates every success in their objectives.
Could we offer them employment as Fig 11s?
 
#7
How about for a sentence for these of not less than 20 years,then loss of citizenship and deportation.
 
#8
Le_addeur_noir said:
How about for a sentence for these of not less than 20 years,then loss of citizenship and deportation.
Less time off for good behaviour and they'll do less time than a sqaddie does on a tour in Afghanistan. Not forgetting that they'll probably get help in completeing their studies so they don't lose out on education while they're inside.
The sentence is an insult to every man (OK o0r woman) who ever served in the British Army. Even National Servicemen gave up two years of their lives.
 
#9
If they want to die as martyrs then give them some ak's with blanks, stick them in a mock town, send in some squaddies with live ammunition, and let the young men fight the squadies, then they will die fighting British soldiers. It'll be good practice too.
 
#10
How about trying them with treason and after a fair and reasonable trial shoot the fcukers? :twisted:

Oh we can't do that now - we (Jack Straw) signed some European thingy. :D

Seriously though - I was being serious. For your edification I include this http://wsws.org/articles/2001/nov2001/trea-n10.shtml.

In essence , without the Death Penalty there is enough legislation in the UK Criminal Courts. However a couple of years for being naughty boys isn't a lot - should be out in 18 months.
 
#11
Lets say they did fight and die as tartars (whatever) where are you going
to get 360 good looking guiness bottle virgins from in Bradford.

My edit. Where do these 72 virgins come from anyway, do they have to be slaughtered?
 
#12
Dwarf said:
Fighting and dying is fine with me, fighting and killing is something else.
Let us wish their mates every success in their objectives.
Could we offer them employment as Fig 11s?[/quote]

Here's the advert.

Wanted! Militants for target practice. Must be willing to fall when hit :D

Or

Wanted; Militants for use as dust / mud flaps. Must be willing to travel. :lol:
 
#13
roadster280 said:
OK, make it 40 years then. There really are very simple solutions to these non-problems.

The punishment ought to fit the crime, and since we wimped out on the death sentence( I have NO idea why), then VERY lengthy jail sentences ought to be the order of the day.

Better yet, since the prisoners have attempted to commit military crime, perhaps 40 years in the glasshouse would be more appropriate. Again, followed by loss of Citizenship and deportation.

Why don't we follow the lead of Gitmo, and set up a tented camp for these prisoners in Orkney? Time to quit being soft on terrorists, even wannabes.

Fcuk them hard, if we can't kill them.
Fcuk the tents and the Orknies are far too nice for them, they should put them on that island off the west coast where they used all that dodgy radiation and chemicals in the 70's so they'll end up glowing like ready brek kids and make them live off the land.
 
#14
tartanterrier39 said:
roadster280 said:
OK, make it 40 years then. There really are very simple solutions to these non-problems.

The punishment ought to fit the crime, and since we wimped out on the death sentence( I have NO idea why), then VERY lengthy jail sentences ought to be the order of the day.

Better yet, since the prisoners have attempted to commit military crime, perhaps 40 years in the glasshouse would be more appropriate. Again, followed by loss of Citizenship and deportation.

Why don't we follow the lead of Gitmo, and set up a tented camp for these prisoners in Orkney? Time to quit being soft on terrorists, even wannabes.

Fcuk them hard, if we can't kill them.
Fcuk the tents and the Orknies are far too nice for them, they should put them on that island off the west coast where they used all that dodgy radiation and chemicals in the 70's so they'll end up glowing like ready brek kids and make them live off the land.
What has the Orkneys done to deserve these *****ers?

GRUINARD - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruinard_Island

Not radiation but not a bad idea :D

On a serious note - Old Winston did not fcuk about did he?
 
#15
Our prisons are overcrowded as it is. A one day sentence would have been better, 24 hours to think about it then shot at dawn.

I bear in mind our old UDR motto which was "100% of those shot dead never do it again"
 
#16
If they want to die in afgan or iraq so much then why not strap them to the front of our wagons and go out for a drive in the desert, and see how long it takes before their class mates from Birmingham Uni blow them up!!!
 
#17
Should there not be a law that carrys a stronger sentance than what these idiots have got away with. How about planning or directing acts of terrorism or something similar. They had the intent to try and kill more than one of our soldiers, if they had of succeded, this could have been a different story.
Sounds like the judge was almost sympathetic, (we were brainwashed, honest!)
 
#18
The Judge's use of the word "intoxicated" is unfortunate.

And another thing. What happens if you apply for martyrdom and are gay? I know from my own, er, not personal, experience of the Taliban in the 'Stan that, er, 'man love' is not frowned upon.

So is there a collective of gay virgins in Paradise?

I think we should be told.
 
#19
The problem is there are so many of these t**ts in our country that the authorities cannot keep tabs on them all. The time-bombs are ticking and they are running down fast.

Bring back internment, but on the low cost desolate island basis already mentioned in this thread. Round them all up and ship 'em out (nothing wrong with the G-Bay model). And, in order to consolidate this action all members of the internees' family should be deported to the muslim country of their choice.
 
#20
It goes without saying that anyone who risks the safety and security of British armed forces (including cooks, crabs and objectors to the Headley Court project) should be strung up.

I had to listen to a rant from a senior Taliban commander earlier this year, during which he condemned all kafir to death, blah, blah, blah.

When we disputed the 'spiritual' case for his argument, he said: "YOU THINK I KNOW FCUK NOTHING. I TELL YOU I KNOW FCUK ALL!".

JDAM to follow, Inshallah.

Edited to add - not just the British, but the Septics, the Canucks and, well all of them.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top