Fifth Gear test track

REMEbrat said:
I know the Top Gear test track is at Dunsfold aerodrome but at which circuit do Fifth Gear film their races/road tests at?
Mona on Anglesey I think

tropper66 said:
REMEbrat said:
I know the Top Gear test track is at Dunsfold aerodrome but at which circuit do Fifth Gear film their races/road tests at?
Mona on Anglesey I think
My racing mad mate just told me its at Ty Croes not Mona

tropper66 said:
tropper66 said:
REMEbrat said:
Mona on Anglesey I think
I think that you are right. When you see the track on TV and there is the Sea in the background: Not a lot of Sea visible from Mona.
I don't know how long Ty Croes has been a track though. It certainly wasn't a track in '76

Ty Croes track

edit: added link

happybonzo said:
tropper66 said:
tropper66 said:
REMEbrat said:
Mona on Anglesey I think
I think that you are right. When you see the track on TV and there is the Sea in the background: Not a lot of Sea visible from Mona.
I don't know how long Ty Croes has been a track though. It certainly wasn't a track in '76
Racing mad says it was built to order a few years ago and not apparantly on an old airport as I thought was the norm

Is it not up by the old RAF radar station at Rhosneigr ? Used to be a ramble of old wooden huts used for a transit/adv trg base and a fabric covered "Radome" golfball type thing that was operational at the time iirc, every time I watch the prog I seem too recognise the area and coastline but I am trying to recollect memories from 18 years ago.

Rapierman said:
Is it not up by the old RAF radar station at Rhosneigr ? Used to be a ramble of old wooden huts used for a transit/adv trg base and a fabric covered "Radome" golfball type thing that was operational at the time iirc, every time I watch the prog I seem too recognise the area and coastline but I am trying to recollect memories from 18 years ago.
Certainly is ; 1 of the corners is called radar.Its had a refurb and a new layout since 5th gear used it.

Cracking track but by fook its windy