FIFA World Cup 2018

I’ll reserve judgement on that until I’ve seen the tabloid headlines tomorrow.
Anyone following the odds on England? I suspect the bookies have slashed their odds following today’s performance.
Yeah. No doubt, England are now odds on favourites to win the WC!
However, like you've said, tomorrow's papers should be interesting reading.

Todays performance?
It was Panama FFS!
They are 55th in the FIFA rankings.
If that was aimed at me, I was being slightly facetious!
We’ll get a much better idea of this teams abilities following the Belgium game.

I enjoyed watching England, but the defence needs work. Still it's a team for the future if they achieve continuity of players and manager. Get some experience here and they will look good for the next Euro Championship, and the WC after.

Still at least this WC we aren't this lot.

I’m actually really looking forward to the Belgium game. I just hope that both teams are up for it and that they don’t just go through the motions.
It might turn into a clusterf**k where they are both trying to lose to avoid Colombia in the last 16.
I think they would most certainly prefer Japan or Senegal.

I think it might be something to do with the fact that they are paid such obscene amounts of money and live in a world so totally divorced from the realities of normal life that they really don't give a shit one way or the other. We'll crash out against some remote archipelago with a population of a football team and two spares and Kane and his bezzers will be snorting coke off a whores buttocks before the stadium cleaners get their brooms out. Cnuts, the lot of them.
One of the major problems with a capitalist society is that generaly capitalists only want people they approve of to be rich and successful. And usually that cohort come from horrible nasty elitist c*nts.

They really don't like working class oiks making a sh*t load of money from a supply and demand economy, because it’s just not cricket :)

I think it might be something to do with the fact that they are paid such obscene amounts of money and live in a world so totally divorced from the realities of normal life that they really don't give a shit one way or the other.
Are you talking about footballers or the political elite ^~

I've long been of the opinion that for the lottery salaries that these people are paid, some element of risk should be introduced to the game. Along with MOTM, the least impressive player should be selected by judicial vote, taken into the centre circle, blindfolded and shot in the back of the head.

It should sharpen their professionalism and give them the sort of passion that wins tournaments, not just gets them away on a jolly for a few weeks.
Why haven't I ignored you before now, you thick cnut....FYI , You're on ignore........

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
What's the consensus on which games going to be more entertaining? Portugal (Ronaldo!, cheating Pepe!) or the Tiki-takists vs Morocco?

What's the consensus on which games going to be more entertaining? Portugal (Ronaldo!, cheating Pepe!) or the Tiki-takists vs Morocco?
I'm going for Portugal/Iran. I think the Iranian manager might give them an edge so long as they kick Ronaldo out of the game at an early stage.

I don't think Morocco have enough talent in the final third to trouble Spain.

I don't get a choice over here, it's all la Bloody Roja. Mind they have been playing tired so far, so a surprise might be forthcoming.

Personally I dislike the cheating Portuguese and reckon Pepe should get a yellow just by walking on the pitch. So Allan's Snackbar and come on you Saudis. A draw would be a good result for them, but I can't see a win, despite crossing fingers and tying a knot in my willie.

Iranian goalkeeper looking impressively erratic. Portugal unable to capitalise, so fingers crossed Ronaldo having an off day.

ETA fkin ell Morocco 1-0 up.

That falls down when the players on some of the highest salaries in football, have actually put in some excellent performances (Modric, Rakatic, Hernandez, Lingard, Kane, etc).

It's easy to schimpf about their pay, whilst ignoring that in some respects that pay causes them to contribute more to the UK (in premier league based players) than we do.
Unless of course you form a limited company, draw a salary and thus pay minimal tax, a bit like Rooney did/does allegedly...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Patricio milking it for everything he has, boot to the chops so holds his forehead!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk