FIFA World Cup 2018

I have a cunning plan, let’s all support for the other side, because every time we support England they lose.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What have you got against Egypt FFS!
It's been going down hill ever since that Tut lad snuffed it.

It's very hot and from what I've seen on the telly rather dirty and quite crowded. Little Wonder Salah thinks he's landed on his feet since pitching up at Liverpool.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I informed the good lady wife earlier on today that not only is the World Cup kicking off toady but that it's also the start of The US Open. "WHAT"? She replied, "Golf, dear, first round starts later today".
I won't tell you what she said but I have been informed that I can watch all I want in the snug. It's wasn't quite put like that but I'm sure that's what she meant!
All I need now is one of those hotel "do not disturb" door notices.=-D

The England squad have undertaken their first PR photo opportunity by visiting an orphanage.
"The look of despair and hopelessness in their eyes was chilling", recalled seven year old Sergei Adabolokov.

My coat? Why thank you.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The England squad have undertaken their first PR photo opportunity by visiting an orphanage.
"The look of despair and hopelessness in their eyes was chilling", recalled seven year old Sergei Adabolokov.

My coat? Why thank you.
Oh dear, 1970 is calling and asking for its joke back! :rolleyes:

One of the Saudi players has "Osama" on his shirt but the commentator is calling him sommat else.
What's that all about.

Oops. Mr commentator has just said Osama. Apologies.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Did I mis-hear? Or was one of the Russian defenders called 'Zhukov' ? :-D

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
An Englishman, a Scotsman and a Mexican went into a jewelry store and asked to look at some bracelets.

Is it that one Auld Yin?
We don't want any "Moore" of that thank you.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Really good game by Russia but very poor opposition from Saudi Arabia. The old Sheikh did not look too chuffed!

Really good game by Russia but very poor opposition from Saudi Arabia. The old Sheikh did not look too chuffed!
the Saudis were fairly good on the ball, but their tactics and decision making was just awful - uncessary touches before relating rthe ball into danger, lots of passing but no penetration, failure to commit men forward. theirr defending was gash as well.

fair play to Russia though, excellent 2nd half and two really nice goals (the outside of the boot and that free kick).

if every game has 5 goals then I'd be happy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on the tournament so far?
Portugal v Spain. Should be an interesting game so I'm told.

Egypt V Uraguay earlier was a non event, and the Morocco v Iran game is even less so, although slightly more entertaining due to the ineptitude of both sides. I hope the game later is much better, but am expecting lots of cynical stuff from both sides - underwhelmed thus far

Talent wise, Morocco vs Iran is awful..like trying to watch the SPL!
So one half of the stadium is singing songs against the pope, and the other half are singing anti british songs.

Biggest shocker of the tournament so far, the ITV team have out-BBCd the BBC
They have a female black panel member!
Talks mostly shite and waves her arms round,a lot, but WTF, another D&I box cleared

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Egypt V Uraguay earlier was a non event, and the Morocco v Iran game is even less so, although slightly more entertaining due to the ineptitude of both sides. I hope the game later is much better, but am expecting lots of cynical stuff from both sides - underwhelmed thus far
There is more diving than Tom Daley has ever done!