FIFA World Cup 2018

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The competittion should change its theme music to:

Please take it down it reminds me of Blair and Co the night they first got in.

"Things haven't been the same since" Now that could be a Burt Bacharach song.

Was imagining say Croatia v Serbia in a match
Set me thinking about fantasy groups

Say Iran Saudi and Israel in a group
Or Greece Turkey Cyprus

It writes itself really

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Was imagining say Croatia v Serbia in a match
Set me thinking about fantasy groups

Say Iran Saudi and Israel in a group
Or Greece Turkey Cyprus

It writes itself really
Scotland, Ireland and England! :eek:

Scotland, Ireland and England! :eek:
That would be cracking it should be a rule that either a UK team, or, a qualifying group jof the home nations. I'd love it...

I think that happened once - the old home international championship was also a qualifying group for either the WC or the Euros?

Saw this before on Twitter - how good would Yugoslavia's team be if they were still one nation?

Oblak

Vsalkjo
Lovren
Savic
Kolarov

Pjanic
Matic

Modric
Milinkovic-Savic
Mandzukic

Dzeko

And that's leaving players like Kovacic, Rakitic, Perisic, Jovetic and Kolasinic on the bench. That must easily be a semi finalist side at least.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You know, those ones who got into the semis in the Euros just a short while back.
Which group was Scotland in again?
The difference is we know the Scottish football team are sh!t but English supporters seem to think they have a great team! :p

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The difference is we know the Scottish football team are sh!t but English supporters seem to think they have a great team! :p
They probably have a right seeing as they are the only Home Nation team in the competition.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You were talking about Wales I believe. We also know we have a crap team and have very low expectations. Just every now and then.......................................
Then again, even when England got knocked out and Wales progressed the score in the national press averaged 10 articles to England for every one of Wales.
Unlike the rugby where it comes at 20 articles to 1. An England defeat to the Saffers scored a dozen articles whereas Wales beating them got about 3 column inches.
And a narrow victory against Tunisia in the dying minutes? We now have Kane being given almost God like status and England will sweep all before them.
No wonder the England supporters think they have a great team. The rest of us are used to disappointment whereas it comes as a complete surprise to the English when they fail to make the group stages (again) but will still remind everyone they won it 52 years ago.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They probably have a right seeing as they are the only Home Nation team in the competition.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Never mind, they will soon be singing this

:clap: