FIFA World Cup 2018

Is there going to be a ‘Leicester City’ type surprise at this World Cup? The usual suspects have looked pretty ordinary up to now.

Is there going to be a ‘Leicester City’ type surprise at this World Cup? The usual suspects have looked pretty ordinary up to now.
You've done it now.
That sort of thing must ALWAYS be said with 20/20 hindsight

F**king TOLD YOU!!!!!!

Dammit, I wanted Brazil to suffer the embarrassment of having 3,000 shots on goal without getting one :)

2 zip Brazil - bollox

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
2-0 and a very flattering scoreline. Martin ONiel praising Neymar to the hilt, well from what I saw Neymar is very over rated, and a fecking cheating bustard. It would have been great refereeing if he had booked him for that penalty fiasco, but the ref did well to rule it out.
I said this earlier and with Germany losing along with Argentina and Brazil's performances to date this is turning out to be a rather open competition.
I'm saying no more on that, not yet any way.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not the first game this WC to be won in the final minute or two. Maybe the games should just be shortened to 5 mins each way - sav a lot of boredom!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The competittion should change its theme music to:

Is it my imagination but has time slowed down?
First half of Nigeria/Iceland seems very very long

Quality goal from Nigeria. Iceland must be feeling the heat.

great ball control from the nigerian lad
shows you kids - playing keepy uppy in PE is not "messing about"

2-0 and a very flattering scoreline. Martin ONiel praising Neymar to the hilt, well from what I saw Neymar is very over rated, and a fecking cheating bustard. It would have been great refereeing if he had booked him for that penalty fiasco, but the ref did well to rule it out.
I said this earlier and with Germany losing along with Argentina and Brazil's performances to date this is turning out to be a rather open competition.
I'm saying no more on that, not yet any way.
A Brazilian lad at work told me today that in the Brazilian domestic leagues, half of each match is spent with players laying on the ground after a 'tackle'. It showed today - Neymar may be talented but it is not on the spirit of the game. Fair enough for their own league but not if it ends up costing us. Refs weak as too.

Whilst the VAR has given refs the opportunity to review and correct certain decisions, it hasn't improved their ability to discipline cheats. Neymar should have been booked for trying to con the ref with that reverse flop of his. That with his dissent booking a few minutes later, could and probably should have seen him red carded. Today wasn't the only example, it's happened more than a few times this WC, and needs sorting by the officials.

In other news...Argentina will be delighted with Nigeria, Cnuts!

Shame about the missed penalty. Iceland really wilting now, but still pushing, to their credit.

Musa looks like Nigeria's main threat going forward can therefore expect Argentina to kick him at every opportunity.

That Serbia goal in full:
Long pass from Dropastitch to Scratchanitch. Cross to Burnawitch. Assists Digaditch. And 1-0 to Serbia.
(Stay tuned for further expert commentary.)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A Brazilian lad at work told me today that in the Brazilian domestic leagues, half of each match is spent with players laying on the ground after a 'tackle'. It showed today - Neymar may be talented but it is not on the spirit of the game. Fair enough for their own league but not if it ends up costing us. Refs weak as too.
It's damn annoying and is ruining the game.