FIFA World Cup 2018

Absolute bellends.
It seems to me that ordinary Russians are going out of their way to welcome all and sundry to their mother country and then a few right wing ********* show their true colours.
Hopefully some serious Russian justice awaits them (and I’m not talking about the Police).
Cretins.

doubt it would make much difference. looked a shadow of himself yesterday and it's likely the injury has not had time to heal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He's very clearly not 100% fit. He must be feeling a lot of pressure too, he's basically carried that team to this tournament and he's got 100,000,000 Egyptians hoping he can provide them with a miracle now they're there.

as much as od like Spain to lose to an underdog, I'm glad Iran were beaten.

Iran could have won that game based on their last 20mins, with some nice attacking play. instead they parked a bus and hoofed it to the Spanish defence. there is being the plucky underdog and there is being anti football

hope they play the positive stuff against the Portuguese - I'll cheer them on

Vikki Sparks, and no, never heard of her.

She's the one Moyes joked about slapping for asking him an awkward question.

John Terry put something on social media about having to watch the game with the sound off and was instantly condemned for his sexism; he's apparently since offered a slightly bemused explanation that he was in fact complaining that his TV has gone wrong and no sound is emanating from it (although his slightly bemused explanation that he didn't call Anton Ferdinand something rather racist may have to be taken into account here)

If Jonathan Pearce was commentating, then it was hifi on, tv sound off.
" The whistle blows, a crucial game for England, sponsored by Tennants lager, brewed with Czechoslovakian yeast, and San Marino have scored!"

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

She's the one Moyes joked about slapping for asking him an awkward question.

John Terry put something on social media about having to watch the game with the sound off and was instantly condemned for his sexism; he's apparently since offered a slightly bemused explanation that he was in fact complaining that his TV has gone wrong and no sound is emanating from it (although his slightly bemused explanation that he didn't call Anton Ferdinand something rather racist may have to be taken into account here)
As I said earlier she was bloody awful a horrible screeching over excited voice that has no place in male football. Terry must be thick because I simply pressed the red button and listened to the commentary on radio 5 whilst watching the game. A lot better and it saved me from throwing the controller at the new telly.

just watching motd and listening to sparks commentate.

voice wasn't awful, but her timing seemed completely out. also, it seemed that Keown seemed to be doing the commenting for her, rather than offering the 'ex pro' insight. below average commentator in my view and can improve significantly

saying that, I'd rather listen to her than the dross that itv serve up - I really cannot stand Clive tydsley with his utter crap anologies.

She's a bit off the mark, but we all have to start somewhere. Ten times better than savage already though.

...and probably got bigger bollocks.

So let me get this straight, a former Wendyballer goes for a run and with no one around him...he falls over, seems old habits die hard.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If Jonathan Pearce was commentating, then it was hifi on, tv sound off.
" The whistle blows, a crucial game for England, sponsored by Tennants lager, brewed with Czechoslovakian yeast, and San Marino have scored!"
I didn't like him when he first started but I think he's one of the best now, doesn't seem to scream and carry on, stays calm and doesn't get over excited. mind you having been a commentator on Robot Wars why would you get over excited commentating on football.

How wrong can i be!!? 2nd lot of games are as turgid, or worse than the 1st ones. France v Peru has been awful to watch. There does not seem to be any 'Plan B's' about for when teams concede. The falling over and Theatricals is getting worse

lawrenson is an awful co commentator. lazy, miserable and cynical.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Argentina v Croatia. FIFA should be fining both teams for the amount of fouls, dives, dirty play going on. Players trying to con the ref, it is just a joke. Neither team is trying to play football.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
lawrenson is an awful co commentator. lazy, miserable and cynical.

Agree, but nowhere near as bad as the commentator in the earlier game, a real Mr Happy :rolleyes:

In the third game today Ali McCoist was OK trying to be a bit humorous but his 'professional' co-presenter seemed to resent it!

Agree, but nowhere near as bad as the commentator in the earlier game, a real Mr Happy :rolleyes:

In the third game today Ali McCoist was OK trying to be a bit humorous but his 'professional' co-presenter seemed to resent it!
was that lee Dixon?

I find him quite dull too

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
was that lee Dixon?

I find him quite dull too

Could be, I didn't catch his name but he was so negative I started feeling sorry for the players!

some great keeping by cabellero. is that worse than the karius assist to benzama?

nice finish by the Croat

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
some great keeping by cabellero. is that worse than the karius assist to benzama?

The goalkeepers' lot, a mistake by an outfield player can be hidden with little consequence, a keeper otoh makes a mistake and if a goal is scored then he is vilified.