FIFA World Cup 2018

can't look past the Columbians for this first game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I used to have daily chats with a bunch of Chileans at work, back when God was a boy and Pontius was the Pilot.

They don't much like Peruvians (or their other neighbours Argentina come to that ) but would reluctantly say that the purest Spanish spoken in Latin America is in Peru.

( Viva Tejas, Viva ! )

Who dumped Chile out before the Group stage BTW? Was it Mexico ?

I used to have daily chats with a bunch of Chileans at work, back when God was a boy and Pontius was the Pilot.

They don't much like Peruvians (or their other neighbours Argentina come to that ) but would reluctantly say that the purest Spanish spoken in Latin America is in Peru.

( Viva Tejas, Viva ! )

Who dumped Chile out before the Group stage BTW? Was it Mexico ?
Brazil beat them in the final game. Peru took the regional qualifier position on goal difference

Maguire was at least willing to go forward and attack the defence, look for the ball and generally make a nuisance of himself. Keep that up and he will worry any defence.
Yes but when you are a defender, you need to not make your own defence worry first. I won't knock any player for giving it a real go and he certainly did some good things when attacking. However as Mexico proved, you leave space up the pitch, then you need to fill it just as quickly, which yesterday Maguire didn't always do.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Brazil beat them in the final game. Peru took the regional qualifier position on goal difference
Thanks. They might have been dark horse contenders for Semis last time, just wondered.

And how the feck did Panama get through anyway?

not sure why the the Japanese are complaining about that free kick. clearly over the line

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Banzai!

PS - Sorry Spanky - but your Colombian babe has a bit of an arrse on it ! Not reached Crocaheffalump status yet, but might want to try the chicken salad?

Last edited:
good result for the Japanese. I have to.question.tbr Columbian defending for the 2nd though. ospina in no man's land and they failed to put a man on the post

good game overall

next game is tough to call. I'm edging towards a narrow Poland win

It could be worse. We could be Poland.

WTF happened with that second goal?

Poland were very poor throughout that game. only came alive at the end

Banzai!

PS - Sorry Spanky - but your Colombian babe has a bit of an arrse on it ! Not reached Crocaheffalump status yet, but might want to try the chicken salad?

Didn't really catch much of this afternoon's games...
I take it from the pics being posted the footy wasn't up to much?

Egyptian anthem is crap

But you have to like the King Tut headresses
Now THAT is an anthem - the Russian

Anyone else think a dream tie would be Russia v Germany played in Stalin- Volgograd ?

Russia scoring at will. Lots of miserable faces under pharaoh head dresses.

Egypt 3-0 down against Russia and looking like the first team to be going home. They've been horrendous tonight, they seem to have nothing outside of Salah. You can see him trying to do the things he does with Liverpool but there's absolutely no quality around him and none of their players are on anything like the same wavelength.