FIFA World Cup 2018

Quite.....the lack of leadership on the field (Mousey Kane) and Southgate's seeming inability to make timely and decisive changes will probably be their undoing.......which will be forgiven/overlooked if a quarter final game is reached or the team do well in the attempt.
Up until today's match I thought Southgate had done a pretty good job but I concur he was slow to instigate the changes needed when Ali went off the boil and Sterling was being his normal useless self in an England shirt.

I think we will qualify for the knockout stages but we need to work and concentrate for 90 minutes not just till we score a goal. We could and should have put Tunisia to the sword but woeful finishing in the box and shaky defending almost cost us dearly.

Still a win is a win so onwards and upwards.

I think we will qualify for the knockout stages
England are almost certain to go through, by virtue of Panama and Tunisia both being poor. The next round will see one of Poland, Japan, Senegal and Colombia - none of them are pushovers but you'd say England should be good enough to get past any of them (although Senegal and Sadio Mane might present some problems).

After Mexico's win yesterday that could well mean Mexico in the Quarters (assuming they beat Serbia, who I'm predicting to finish second behind Brazil in their group) who are really going to test that defence and Southgate's one man midfield. If not Mexico then it's probably Germany.

It's one of those tournament cliches "the winners get better as the tournament goes on"
So England are all right theno_O

Kane's clearly captain because the FA want to stop him crying about the goal claiming piss taking. He shows absolutely no leadership whatsoever on the field.

Henderson might not be the most popular player England have ever had but he's ten times the captain.
give it walker or McGuire. they get stuck in and are both deserving of a start

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't see England getting any better they made the same mistakes when I saw it on Match of the Day as they did the 1st time I watched it :-(

I'm thinking of switching allegiance to Peru anyway

1529383163998.png

Up until today's match I thought Southgate had done a pretty good job but I concur he was slow to instigate the changes needed when Ali went off the boil and Sterling was being his normal useless self in an England shirt.

I think we will qualify for the knockout stages but we need to work and concentrate for 90 minutes not just till we score a goal. We could and should have put Tunisia to the sword but woeful finishing in the box and shaky defending almost cost us dearly.

Still a win is a win so onwards and upwards.
England still have the problem of not seeming able to drop big name players who don't perform consistently for their country. Sterling can play well but shouldn't be guaranteed a place in the starting 11 based solely on how he plays for City, where he is surrounded by world class players.
Still, a good start. Particularly when we were looking at at draw until the last three minutes.

give it walker or McGuire. they get stuck in and are both deserving of a start

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Only thing Walker deserves after yesterday, is a plane ticket home. He was an absolute liability. Maguire was only better as he offered something going forward. He'll come a cropper against decent counter attacks.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Against my better judgement I went into town last night to watch the game with a couple of work colleagues... oh dear.

I should point out this is off the back of watching nothing but rugby (both on TV and at the games themselves) for the last two years.

What I saw last night:

1. Some very one-sided refereeing that penalised Walker's arm up in the England pen area and let Kane get wrestled to the ground twice at the other end.

2. Some very hot Tunisian women in the crowd.

3. Commentators already getting their excuses in ready for the inevitable disappointment... midges and heat this time, apparently. *NB* see "grey shirts", "grass too long", "Beckham's Red Card", "Ronaldo winking" for more info #stuffthatonlyaffectstheenglandteam)

4. Tunisia (insert any other football team here) being cheating bastards, rolling around pretending to be hurt, holding players back etc

5. My town centre being full of drunken mongs acting like we've won the world cup already, following the narrowest of victories against a much lower ranked team.

6. So many poor crosses and possession given away far too cheaply.

7. A packet of Max Flavour Cheese & Jalapeno crisps in my cupboard when I got home that were instantly smashed having not eaten all day - bad idea - I was shitting buckets at 3am and again when I got up for work this morning.

Trust me. Don't drink on a school night chaps. We're not 21 any more you know...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Against my better judgement I went into town last night to watch the game with a couple of work colleagues... oh dear.

I should point out this is off the back of watching nothing but rugby (both on TV and at the games themselves) for the last two years.

What I saw last night:

1. Some very one-sided refereeing that penalised Walker's arm up in the England pen area and let Kane get wrestled to the ground twice at the other end.

3. Commentators already getting their excuses in ready for the inevitable disappointment... midges and heat this time, apparently. *NB* see "grey shirts", "grass too long", "Beckham's Red Card", "Ronaldo winking" for more info #stuffthatonlyaffectstheenglandteam)

4. Tunisia (insert any other football team here) being cheating bastards, rolling around pretending to be hurt, holding players back etc

5. My town centre being full of drunken mongs acting like we've won the world cup already, following the narrowest of victories against a much lower ranked team.

7. A packet of Max Flavour Cheese & Jalapeno crisps in my cupboard when I got home that were instantly smashed having not eaten all day - bad idea - I was shitting buckets at 3am and again when I got up for work this morning.

Trust me. Don't drink on a school night chaps. We're not 21 any more you know...
As one of our venerated Mods you can no doubt feel the quantity and quality of the sympathy that your post generates! :rolleyes:

If a few beers and a packet of lightly flavoured crisps are enough to assault your nether regions then it is true that you are a soft southern shandy drinker! :drunken:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Only thing Walker deserves after yesterday, is a plane ticket home. He was an absolute liability. Maguire was only better as he offered something going forward. He'll come a cropper against decent counter attacks.
Maguire was at least willing to go forward and attack the defence, look for the ball and generally make a nuisance of himself. Keep that up and he will worry any defence.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I can't see England getting any better they made the same mistakes when I saw it on Match of the Day as they did the 1st time I watched it :-(

View attachment 338848
Good ball control from the ladee on the right!

Good ball control from the ladee on the right!
I think it is the same Ladee in both pics but taken under different lighting conditions.

I look forward to be corrected by the Arrseratti in due nit-picking fashion though :)

I think you are right about Maguire - he was sluggish in defence, though to his credit he took the ball by the scruff of the neck when our lack of midfield ball winners was so evident - but as with many on the field, he didn't seem to know what to do in the final third.
Edited to add that we really should not get carried away with a win over Tunisia. Our defence will be sorely tested and I suspect, overwhelmed by an A list side, our midfield wasn't on the pitch and apart from the large slice of luck (Kane's goals were scored from less that 3 yards), our forwards couldn't seem to make a clean hit on the ball...….the omens aren't great. We will probably qualify, but might take a hiding from the chocolate makers in the process.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 338848
Hmmm, interesting:number1:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think it is the same Ladee in both pics but taken under different lighting conditions.

I look forward to be corrected by the Arrseratti in due nit-picking fashion though :)
I'd have to weigh them up to be sure.

After stalking conducting research on the Saucy Mirella Mendez I present this for your viewing pleasure (no it's not a vid of me jacking off - - - - yet)

A quick translation for you English only speakers on Arrse, the young lady is saying "Spank-it, because you are big soccer fan and wish to support Peru I will gladly play with your balls anytime, and carry out the entire Kama Sutra with your stunning body". I may be wrong though, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

What I saw last night:

Alternatively don’t work. It works for me.

Everyday's a school day it seems