FIFA World Cup 2018

All this "Well done England, youve done us proud" shi*e pisses me off.
They went to a World Cup, only played 2 teams with any class and managed to lose to both of them!
How exactly have they done anyone proud?
They got lucky
Luckier than us though! England were there to get knocked out. Remind me again, when were we last there for that to happen? While you're at it, you could perhaps enlighten me to what year we made it to the knockout stages, it's slipped my mind. Spit the soor plooms oot, and give them credit for doing far better than what was expected of them!

Luckier than us though! England were there to get knocked out. Remind me again, when were we last there for that to happen? While you're at it, you could perhaps enlighten me to what year we made it to the knockout stages, it's slipped my mind. Spit the soor plooms oot, and give them credit for doing far better than what was expected of them!
No

1998 last time Scotland qualified.

They’ve won four games in all their WC appearances.

You certainly know how to make a tit of yourself.
I'm always a tit. But this time the tit is right. Some of the shouts in here have been laughable.

England met two quality teams. They lost to them both. And if Colombia had bothered to play football for 90 minutes rather than indulge in thuggery theyd have probably seen you out in the round of 16.

Still, don't let the facts cloud your judgment, it will just make two years time that much funnier.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

Never beaten by France or Croatia in the last qualifying group we were all in...

The essence of the problem is that the Premier league (formerly Div 1) is where one expects to draw the members of the national team. The English Premier League has the highest proportion of foreign (aka in-elligable to play for England) 69.2 percent, in Europe. Any nonsense that we have even the potential to win major tournaments is just that and will remain so until or unless the NATIONAL ****ING INTEREST takes precedence over the money men..........which, at the risk of 'drift', just about sums up the state of affairs over Brexit.

Indeed.Most of the Premier League is dominated by foreign players. Look at the average club. Out of the 11 players, I’d bet 7 or 8 of them aren’t English. Compare that to the early days of the Premier League when it was predominantly English players. But we were still crap in the early 90s! Didn’t even qualify for WC 1994.

Saying England is a better Football team than Scotland is like me saying I'm a better sprinter than you. You couldn't really set the bar much lower.;)
Have you breached my PERSEC? How do you know I'm crap at sprinting? Distance and stamina yes, well back along, however couldn't sprint for peanuts! Regarding your first sentence, that only became true in comparatively recent times. When I arrived south of Hadrians, in the mid sixties, I took great pleasure in depriving some mouthy Englanders of there hard earned cash. They were foolish enough to bet me when I asked them who'd won the most games between Scotland and England in the Home Internationals. As they'd been beating us recently for a few years they naturally voted patriotically and plumped for England. Big mistake. No tears were shed from me,as their money was fed to the moths in my ultra secure wallet! I applied a strong insecticide(bollocks to the environment) so the moths lost out too! I couldn't win that bet now as I believe England are four/six(?) games ahead in all our meetings. However it did take them around the hundred year mark before they caught up.

Dinger I've given you a dislike not that I'm disagreeing with you, but for putting that shameful fact here. I still feel the pain. I suppose it's my fault for asking the Don how well we'd done, and he either didn't know, or didn't want to admit to it. No offence meant.

Dinger I've given you a dislike not that I'm disagreeing with you, but for putting that shameful fact here. I still feel the pain. I suppose it's my fault for asking the Don how well we'd done, and he either didn't know, or didn't want to admit to it. No offence meant.
You can hardly expect a nation of only 5 million to do well.