FIFA World Cup 2018

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope none of the English fans in Moscow are stupid enough to start anything with Russian coppers...
True, they won't even hear or remember the caution when they wake up the next morning on the floor of the Moscow Nick, or hospital bed.

I hope none of the English fans in Moscow are stupid enough to start anything with Russian coppers...
We'll never hear from them again if they are.

Most reports I've seen seemed to think there still weren't that many England fans there, certainly relative to the hordes of South Americans who were cluttering up the place in the group stages.

Well done England, earned the semi final place against all expectations.
Nobody should be too disappointed for too long as this is the first England team that hasn't been media driven as world beaters for decades.
Southgate should be accorded the plaudits for his work, and the players should get a big slap on their back for what they have achieved.
Preforming above expectations is never something to feel disappointed about.
Now sort out the numbers of foreign players of dubious quality in the Premier league and give home grown talent a chance.
It's not coming home, but at least it knows what direction it needs to take.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Absolutely. Let's play long hoofball to the big fella up front with the good engine. Except he didn't have a good engine. Best chance you had to at least see the final. Nevermind eh.

Forza Croatia.
You certainly know how to make a tit of yourself.

Well done England for getting as far as you did. Your boys took a beating, but it wasn't "a helluva beating." Nearly there, but it was good to watch your progress. Thanks for the ride.
Quite correct, it wasn't a hell of a beating........but they were never 'there', not even nearly - that much was evident from the early games. But with what they had they did incredibly well, my fear is that Southgate really believes they have potential - one or two, mostly who didn't start plus Trippier and the goalie. But brilliantly well done with what they had and much respect for the effort.

All this "Well done England, youve done us proud" shi*e pisses me off.
They went to a World Cup, only played 2 teams with any class and managed to lose to both of them!
How exactly have they done anyone proud?
They got lucky

Well done England, earned the semi final place against all expectations.
Nobody should be too disappointed for too long as this is the first England team that hasn't been media driven as world beaters for decades.
Southgate should be accorded the plaudits for his work, and the players should get a big slap on their back for what they have achieved.
Preforming above expectations is never something to feel disappointed about.
Now sort out the numbers of foreign players of dubious quality in the Premier league and give home grown talent a chance.
It's not coming home, but at least it knows what direction it needs to take.
How wonderfully 'Dunkirkesque'

The most irritating thing is we'll have to endure the bloody Frogs in the final.

England having exceeded all expectations should leave a real feel good factor over here, but sure as eggs are eggs, the media will want a scalp in the end, someone or something to blame to explain away the loss. It's already started in the aftermatch punditry, with comments such as not enough English players and coaches coming through to the top level. Or, and this made me laugh, considering the many positive comments about where some of the players came through, that not enough have the experience of winning trophies at the highest level and this was perhaps a step too far?

Fcuk off pundits, they did well enough to get to a semi, which no one predicted and much can be built on in the coming years. Southgate has done a splendid job and let's not forget that England are currently the U16 and U20 World Cup winners. That says a lot about where England's future could lie, if they continue to progress as they have? Well done to all involved!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
The most pointless match ever, I am really surprised they still go through with it :)
Agreed. I'd struggle to tell you who came second in any previous World Cup never mind third place.

It's the kind of match where nobody would really care if neither side showed up... and that includes the teams.
Agreed. Looking at the state of the English players tonight, I think they'd be happy to get on the first plane home tomorrow morning. Can't really blame them either.