FIFA Say NON To Poppy on England Shirts

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CigarIsland, Nov 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 5
  1. Is it any lesser than say wearing a black armband (black electrical tape), which I believe you can wear during a game. Who the **** bailed their worthless arrses out during WW1 & WW2, (FIFA is euro trash right?). I reckon English football should just produce 2 fingers to the euro's and tell them when you lot can start winning a few wars and not just hosting them, then we'll stop (never) wearing poppies.

Err, speaking as an aussie with convict blood coursing through my veins, with family having been given all expense business trips paid for to France.

• Like Like x 3
  2. What a bunch of tossers then need to fu#k off and do a proper job

3. Oh my God put it on Facebook and save the world.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Deaths which prompt black tape armbands are less predictable than Remembrance Day, surely?!? So, FA should have done their admin to get poppies approved in good time. I'm not sure that black armbands would be accepted an an internation football match, either.

5. I prefer to take the measured approach, plus you actually read the updates on FB....poor you...

6. According to the Americans, they did.Anyway, surely there are other ways the FA could highlight Remembrance Day during the England-Spain match which would be equally worthwhile, and still make FIFA look like the ***** they are?

7. Wear them anyway. Fcuk the FIFA. It's only football, it isn't even a real sport is it?

[​IMG]

They could just wear these, with a number scrawled on the back.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Well frankly, I'm outraged.

No, not outraged, the other thing. What's it called? Oh yeah, completely and utterly indifferent but it's at least a novel new take on poppy outrage season. It's normally Jon Snow that gets it but taking a pop at FIFA is a step up in bellendery.

• Like Like x 2
  9. You'd probably confuse the Swiss employees at FIFA's Swiss Headquarters if you started gobbing off at them about bailing their worthless arses out of two World Wars.

Having a story from the Scum in the area called 'The Serious Bit' is quite funny though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I saw an old woman in Sainsburys this morning who wasn't wearing a poppy so I followed her to the freezer section and beat her to death with a bag of Quorn mince, the disrespectful old trout.

Jon Snow....Poundland.....Mickey Rourke gives money to the IRA........so do McDonald's.........not allowed to wear crucifix's at work.......burning poppies........

There's so much to be not ******* fussed about and so little time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's not like FIFA can take their ball back is it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I agree, however, slowly by smoke and mirrors or whatever, some things are eroded by stealth for the supposed 'greater good' and/or PC crap. Yeah, some things are just don't worry about, but when it impinges on history or a sense of where we've come/been and especially from organisations whose only intent is profit and allegedly corruption, then I say get ******* fussed.

13. I'd be outraged but I can't be bothered as I think football is a right load of **** played by single digit IQ mongs.

• Like Like x 3