FIFA Poppy Ban

I don't see the problem with the FA's telling FIFA to do one and that the corrupt foreign scum can fight their own wars next time.

Or something.

I suppose they can go down the line of 'its a charity emblem,' which unfortunately it is (obviously with far more added significance).
Unless the RBL sponsor football then I can see their point.

I don't agree with them though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A lot of other nations dont use/care about the Poppy. If they let the UK teams do it, they (all the other countries) will be asking for their own emblems.
Then let them have them...provided they follow the rules of non political, commercial or religious, non r of which I see the Poppy.

FIFA apparently consider the poppy as a 'political statement'
In 2011, FIFA eventually backed down after threatening to ban the England team from wearing poppies in a friendly against Spain, allowing them to display the symbol on black armbands.

You have to admire the cheek of FIFA attempting to take the moral high ground on anything.
A spokesman for FIFA has been quoted as saying "We wish this to be resolved to everyones satisfaction, and therefore will allow an exceptional wearing of this symbol on reciept of $1,000,000 into the usual account"*

*I may have made this up.

A spokesman for FIFA has been quoted as saying "We wish this to be resolved to everyones satisfaction, and therefore will allow an exceptional wearing of this symbol on reciept of $1,000,000 into the usual account"*

I believe €1M in used fivers in plain brown envelopes shoved under the door of the gents in Regents Park is still acceptable.

Allegedly.

Had Blatter still been in charge this may have been a touch close to the truth...

I don't see the problem with the FA's telling FIFA to do one and that the corrupt foreign scum can fight their own wars next time.

Or something.
We should have a referndum and withdraw from FIFA, we could then hold our own UK World Cup which would increase our chances of winning immensely.

Stop press England 0 Traffic Cones 6.

offog

LE
I believe €1M in used fivers in plain brown envelopes shoved under the door of the gents in Regents Park is still acceptable.

Allegedly.
You may have difficulty finding the used fivers now.

offog

LE
We should have a referndum and withdraw from FIFA, we could then hold our own UK World Cup which would increase our chances of winning immensely.

but not by much.

I wonder how many threads @Graculus can try and hijack and twist rather unsuccessfully around to a completely unrelated subject about which he is obviously obsessive.

We should have a whip around and buy another string to his bow.

FFS is it that time of year again?
I'm quite disappointed, all I've seen this year is an outrage post on Facebook about Birmingham city banning poppy sales (A story that is 5 years old and turns out it was the RBL not sorting their shit out.)
Where the **** are all the frothy mouthed stories?

Fish and Chips

On ROPS
On ROPs
England, Scotland & Wales in talks with Fifa over wearing poppies on shirts

I have no real problem with people making the individual decision to wear remembrance poppies or not. I'm just surprised that, in spite of all its own internal problems, FIFA wish to risk scoring another own goal.
You mean you have no problem unless the individual decides not to wear one!

I agree with FIFA here, its easier to let that organization themselves take the flake than the individual.

My own opinion is that the Poppy has had its day or at least its days / years are now numbered, ie when the last vet of WW2 has gone. Because it has become a political symbol, and people are now far more historically educated than once before. I will wear mine on the weekend of the Sunday as usual.

Latest Threads