Fieldcraft Questions

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by willdawe, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to think of 20 field craft questions to give to recruits tonight, but time is not on my side with work being busy.
    So i ask the great ARRSE members for any fieldcraft questions (with answers) ...many thanks!
  2. 7 S', 6 section battle drills, sequence in which orders are given, section formations and when they are used, types of fire control order, sequence of a fire control order, methods to judging distance, aids to judging distance, duties of a sentry, what kit must a sentry carry, types of patrols, harbour area formations....surely you can get 20 questions out of that!
  3. Hell yeah...!
    Many thanks! 8)
  4. Remind them of what the A in CAKE stands for?
  5. msr

msr LE

What does it stand for?

6. Hang on, I thought he asked for fieldcraft not battlecraft? Or do we not make that distinction any more - it has been a long time since I was at the coal face and frankly in a Div or Bde HQ battle or field craft means "concealment from the COS"...

7. Sorry if i sound old school, but surely if you are an instructor these should be in your head already preped!!!

"CC1, get over there and grenade that bunker"
    " Sorry sir, no can do, time is not on my side"!!!

8. WTF!!!!
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Where are your instruction books? I thought there were 'classroom' instructor's manuals for each of the skills that gave you the structure of lessons, the points to cover and so on?
  10. Pamphlet No. 2, Fieldcraft, Battle Lessons and Exercises
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Job jobbed! :D
  12. Wait for it......

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Er, is it?

ARRSE Clicky 8O