• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Field Tips - Need some help with improving

Life in the field can be very demanding for the newbie.

Simply tell your DS that you wanted to be in the RAF but you weren't clever enough.

That's what I did. Piece of piss after that.

Thank me later.

P

PrinceAlbert

I always liked Crayolas. A nice size to hold onto, and a smooth application of ink.......oh, I thought you said Felt Tips. Sorry.

felt-tips.JPG

If you use something put away after you finished with it. Square your admin away and you've one half the battle.
That my friend, is bollocks.

The experienced soldier knows that requires a constant rummage through kit.

Far better to have all your kit unpacked and to hand, particularly at night when you want to find something without fuss.

Foolproof system that will help with your bergan discomfort too, as after only a short while your kit will appear to weigh less than when you started.

Happy to help.

If you see a sign saying "Beware of the bull", don't go in. Otherwise fields are pretty easy to deal with. Just watch out for the mess those awful animals leave all over the place. Those damnable farmers give not a jot for the expensive footwear of normal folk wondering across their land.

On a serious note; X59 is right. You need everything to hand around you. After all, if you get bugged out you'll need to know where everything is so that you can get washed, shaved, teeth cleaned, cook the brekkie and get that brew on toot sweet. It doesn't do to hold everyone up for too long.

If you see a sign saying 'Field of Dreams' watch out for the baseballs, those ghosts
are lethal with a bat.

Join as a very senior Occifer, get a Batman, you don't need to worry about your kit
then...............just a thought.

That my friend, is bollocks.

The experienced soldier knows that requires a constant rummage through kit.

Far better to have all your kit unpacked and to hand, particularly at night when you want to find something without fuss.

Foolproof system that will help with your bergan discomfort too, as after only a short while your kit will appear to weigh less than when you started.

Happy to help.
for some reason my JUOs tell me to keep things packed which seems to be the clever thing to do as I discovered on the weekend when they used smoke grenades, a few shamoolies and sh*tloads of rounds as an alarm for us and gave us a few minutes to be ready to move.

yeah the animal mess was probably inside my rifle too. webbings got the tins, hexi, bottle. bergen's right sacks got thermal, left got polish, cleaning stuff and all the goodies and saved up rations(love those). still need to sort things out.

for some reason my JUOs tell me to keep things packed which seems to be the clever thing to do as I discovered on the weekend when they used smoke grenades, a few shamoolies and sh*tloads of rounds as an alarm for us and gave us a few minutes to be ready to move.

Nah, just throw it all in you bivvy bag, and tie the drawstring to your belt.

That way you can drag it all way with you, and you then have a very large and conveniently weighted 'sock' for smashing said JUO round the grid...

I really dont understand your post, I am far more lethal with my live rounds, if I can get a hold of them. get a batman ? you get an assman.............woohooo

If you see a sign saying 'Field of Dreams' watch out for the baseballs, those ghosts
are lethal with a bat.

Join as a very senior Occifer, get a Batman, you don't need to worry about your kit
then...............just a thought.
I really dont understand your post, I am far more lethal with my live rounds, if I can get a hold of them. get a batman ? you get an assman.............woohooo

Latest Threads