Field Punishment No. 1

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by car_key, Feb 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Still think I prefer it to 200 lashes which usually killed you anyway!

In fact I think you may just have identified where the fall in standards started ~ well done Sir!
  2. Quite frankly I would have preferred being tied to a post for a few hours and doing **** all than some of the delightful activities I endured at the hands of the guardroom staff.

Field Punishment No 1 or 2 weeks RoP's 1980's style?

I'll take FP No 1 ta very much.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Not be so bad with some decent tunes to listen to and a nice ham sandwich for lunch.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. car_key,

Thanks to the link for that site, have just subscribed to the newsletter.
  5. Can be fun as long as you're careful, have a safety word. Banana is a good word.
    • Like Like x 6

6. Some interesting stuff on there.
  7. By the looks of him Crozier had their rations while they were tied up. A nasty piece of work from those accounts.
  8. Was Crozier the chap who was base commandant at Etaples during the 1917 mutiny?
  9. Agreed, compared to knees to the chest on a pudding mat, kneeling gun drill with heavy weights, running round with jerry cans or the best one I saw which was fully knock a 6ft angle iron picket into the ground with a sledge hammer and then dig it up in full kit - FP No1 looks like a piece of piss !!
    • Like Like x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. That's the bloke, thank you.

And you are right, the events at Etaples in 1917 are a little murky to say the least but I suppose that is to be expected.

IIRC the early part of the mutiny was caused by Aussies being given FP No1 and their ANZAC mates getting a little pissed off by it.
  11. Ooh nasty. Makes my two weeks jankers for getting caught sniffing a female officer's bike saddle seem quite tame.
  12. Considering that's what happened to Nigs in the Gun Park, it's a piece of piss compared to hand bumpering the ceiling with a double, headed bumper!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. What was Field Punishment No 2 then?

Tea and stickies with the WRVS?
    • Like Like x 1