Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by whitenoisebabies, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi just wondered if anyone had heard of these before there being sold by silvermans (yes overpriced as usual). just wondering if anyone know's what there for and who there issued to.
  2. Not a scooby mate.
    Can you post a link?

T C
  3. if its a big bergan with a row of alice pack style pouches on the back there was a thread about this awhile ago think somebody claimed got issued one when haloing
    way overpriced unless your a walt or really need to move massive stuff on your back
  4. If you need to lug that much kit about - get a 4 tonner!
  5. Great minds think alike! :D
  6. Is the 'air support' part of the name something to do with requiring a Chinook to lift it when full? :roll:
  7. The exterior pockets are not for kit but helium baloons making the whole thing lighter! Hence "Air support."
  8. Thats a genius idea VerminWA.

How about a Gems suggestion for filling 4 tonner tyres with helium so that the Army can just float serenely through the air to war rather than needing the light blue or dark blue to help ship them there?

Its an idea so good it can't possibly fail.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

If you need extra capacity on your issue bergan, contact Troopers of Military Road, Colchester.

They do a fantastic mod on the issue Inf bergan called the Caesarian.
    Also tailor-made belt kits which are the mutt's.

Call them on 01206 511 268, and say what you need/want. They're used to dealing with special orders and often come up with some good ideas.
    (Ask the Pathfinders)

If you're not near Colly no probs as they often send kit worldwide.
  10. reason i asked was that i saw one of these on ebay a while ago whilst looking for an inf bergan instead of the corps handbag, (now getting replaced anyway) the price on ebay ended up at about £90 and it was advertised as a modified inf bergan. i wondered if anyone else had seen them or had them issued
  11. Or you could just attach another rocket pack. Zip three together and then attach the two end zips to the bergan in the usual place. Piff puff poof, extra carrying capacity with a service supplied item at very little (or no) extra cost. It means you can't use that little pocket on the front of the bergan though but hey, can't have it all.
  12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Quoting from S'mans advert:

"Constructed to the highest quality of manufactur (sic)
    in the U.K. to take loads normal rucksacks would
    not be able to take. Amazing kit. Genuine issue."

It takes loads my back could not take!
  13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yes you can - go for the Caesarian mod.

Besides, I don't know how much you're used to having to stuff into a bergan, but to fit extra side pouches in the manner you're suggesting I'd need to use three extra jet packs.
    As Sknn says, I want to be able to stand up too.
  14. That would be too old-skool for the nippers today! (they want the woo-wah SAS kit from "Kit-Fiends R' Us")