Field Officer bits - box spurs for George boots and No.1 Hat braided peak

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by REMoFo, Jul 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Recently promoted and I need to have the above fitted to my kit. Does anyone out there know of somewhere/one in the South West where I can get them fitted?

Cheers! :eek:)

2. Buy a cheap,second hand pair of boots with boxed heels, then most cobblers can swop the heels over. There was a place in Bristol. Ask at the GVA.

3. I can't beieve I'm reading this!
    A man achieves Field rank and has to go on the internet because he doesn't know where to get a cap and shoes?

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Do you know? Do you think this knowledge happens by osmosis? Instead of being a useless twat why don't you tell all of us.

5. I admit it was a flippant comment, but seriously, surely there's people in your unit with this sort of information?
    Do soldiers these days have to source everything they wear or eat from outside agencies? whatever happened to the qm stores?

6. and you would have been more help to him if you were to answer his question instead of trying to look smart....useless twat ,you tell him.

7. Don't rush to get them boxed.

Wait until the horse arrives, that you need the spurs for.

That's how my generation of regular field officers dealt with it.

Mebbe that's why they're disbanding (oops! My bad! "amalgamating" ) my old Battalion.

Advice, nevertheless, stands.