Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field Altar

Can anyone help, I am the Sec of the local RBL and we are putting up a temporary war memorial for Remembrance Sunday on 8 Nov 20 in the town sq. To make it more apposite, rather than have a boring table I was thinking of a 6’ table with a crucifix, then suddenly thought a field altar kit might be rather more in-keeping. Oddly I have the 6 foot table, but was wondering whether anyone could make any suggestions. In Wiltshire. Bless you all.

XPara Mugg

War Hero
Can anyone help, I am the Sec of the local RBL and we are putting up a temporary war memorial for Remembrance Sunday on 8 Nov 20 in the town sq. To make it more apposite, rather than have a boring table I was thinking of a 6’ table with a crucifix, then suddenly thought a field altar kit might be rather more in-keeping. Oddly I have the 6 foot table, but was wondering whether anyone could make any suggestions. In Wiltshire. Bless you all.

Piled drums - drumhead service style.

1602026988359.png
1602027036579.png
1602027108648.png

If real drums are unavailable they could be simulated with cardboard cylinders/plastic tube. I once did this for a school production with cardboard tubs used for delivering materials to a print works on the local trading estate. Various sizes, they painted up nicely. These days I'd glue on prints of local Regimental badges obtained from the internet.

Give the Sky Pilots a shout.....

Latest Threads