Fie Control Orders

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by madmedic, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    Has anybody got a decent powerpoint presentation on FCO's and target indication. I need to give a lesson in a couple of weeks and am not really current on the subject. Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thank you
    MM

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Have a look at the following thread as it tells you which pamphlets and instructor manuals you can request if you are doing lessons:

Battle Box

Ask for New - "Pam 6 - Artillery Fire Orders and Special Procedures"

3. I think mad medic means the GRIT/CLAP type of fire orders, rather than artillery fire discipline.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

:?

5. Basic drills Biped!

Grouping Range Indication Type

eg... " 2 Section.... 200m... 2 fingers left of big bush... Rapid.... FIRE!"

which should be Clear, Loud, As an Order, with Pauses (CLAP)

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Doh, forgot me memnonic thingies. :oops:

Alright smartarrse - How's the poor bugger going to stretch that little number into 40 mins+? :D

Edited to add: Boy I'm going to struggle when I go back - I've forgotten LOADS!

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, I'm not sure an Airsoft Manual is going to cut the mustard, especially not with all those spelling mishtakes. "Junding Distance" - I thought that was a Saturday night competition?!?

8. Valid points from all - but what ARE we talking about?

Inf FCOs or Arty/Mor??

If it's the latter, you ain't gonna do that in 1 x 40 min lesson!

'Introduction to.....' possibly...........

Have you access to a UFCT? Always better than Death By Powerpoint.........

9. To the majority of the Army, the subject would be Arty/Mor/Tk Indication. This could be covered in about 10 minutes.

But to ALL the Army, FCOs relate to infantry section work.

And the airsoft manual isn't too bad at covering the basics. After all, it's written by an expert (SAC from RAF Regt).

10. I believe it is Fieldcraft Lesson 10 or 11.

Pamphlet escapes me. Its blue and says Fieldcraft on the front. However as much as the information is probably known to the entire worlds population i'll steer clear of giving hints and tips on open forum because i think it said restricted on the top and bottom last time I taught it.

11. Many thanks to you all for prompt response. I am looking for Inf lesson. My fieldcraft book has a brown cover and i was issued it in 1982. It is the basic stuff i am after as we don't practice it on a regular basis and a reminder never hurt anyone.

Any Powerpoint presentations would be appreciated.

Thanks

MM

12. If you wander out of the classroom into what is known as the "Bush", "Bundie" or maybe "The Outdoors" and try teaching a FIELD CRAFT lesson in the FIELD, you might make it stretch into 40 mins. Try teaching the basic methods of target indication, then get everybody in your class to give a fire control order using as many possible mixes as possible. Such as group, type of fire, target indication......

13. I believe its' Pam 2?

14. I agree with Kitmarlowe.
    Decide if you're going to do an initial classroom session followed by outdoors/field or whether you are going to run the whole lot outside. Begin with a 10 min Revision session on judging distance, then if you have too many bods for the FCO practical outdoors you can split the class into two, run both and do a change over. There are loads of background activities you can do if that doesn't suit you. By the time you have factored in movement, groupings, any kit and equipment to be issued (and returned), the Intro, Main, Plenary (Q&A, etc) and Look Forward your forty minutes will seem a very, very, short time indeed. Have fun :D