Fie Control Orders

#1
Hi all,
Has anybody got a decent powerpoint presentation on FCO's and target indication. I need to give a lesson in a couple of weeks and am not really current on the subject. Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thank you
MM
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
Have a look at the following thread as it tells you which pamphlets and instructor manuals you can request if you are doing lessons:

Battle Box

Ask for New - "Pam 6 - Artillery Fire Orders and Special Procedures"
 
#3
Biped said:
Have a look at the following thread as it tells you which pamphlets and instructor manuals you can request if you are doing lessons:

Battle Box

Ask for New - "Pam 6 - Artillery Fire Orders and Special Procedures"

I think mad medic means the GRIT/CLAP type of fire orders, rather than artillery fire discipline.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
HVM_Boy said:
Biped said:
Have a look at the following thread as it tells you which pamphlets and instructor manuals you can request if you are doing lessons:

Battle Box

Ask for New - "Pam 6 - Artillery Fire Orders and Special Procedures"

I think mad medic means the GRIT/CLAP type of fire orders, rather than artillery fire discipline.
:?
 
#5
Basic drills Biped!


Grouping Range Indication Type

eg... " 2 Section.... 200m... 2 fingers left of big bush... Rapid.... FIRE!"

which should be Clear, Loud, As an Order, with Pauses (CLAP)
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
HVM_Boy said:
Basic drills Biped!


Grouping Range Indication Type

eg... " 2 Section.... 200m... 2 fingers left of big bush... Rapid.... FIRE!"

which should be Clear, Loud, As an Order, with Pauses (CLAP)
Doh, forgot me memnonic thingies. :oops:

Alright smartarrse - How's the poor bugger going to stretch that little number into 40 mins+? :D

Edited to add: Boy I'm going to struggle when I go back - I've forgotten LOADS!
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#8
Yeah, I'm not sure an Airsoft Manual is going to cut the mustard, especially not with all those spelling mishtakes. "Junding Distance" - I thought that was a Saturday night competition?!?
 
#9
Valid points from all - but what ARE we talking about?

Inf FCOs or Arty/Mor??

If it's the latter, you ain't gonna do that in 1 x 40 min lesson!

'Introduction to.....' possibly...........

Have you access to a UFCT? Always better than Death By Powerpoint.........
 
#10
Baseplate said:
Valid points from all - but what ARE we talking about?

Inf FCOs or Arty/Mor??

If it's the latter, you ain't gonna do that in 1 x 40 min lesson!

'Introduction to.....' possibly...........

Have you access to a UFCT? Always better than Death By Powerpoint.........
To the majority of the Army, the subject would be Arty/Mor/Tk Indication. This could be covered in about 10 minutes.

But to ALL the Army, FCOs relate to infantry section work.

And the airsoft manual isn't too bad at covering the basics. After all, it's written by an expert (SAC from RAF Regt).
 
#11
I believe it is Fieldcraft Lesson 10 or 11.

Pamphlet escapes me. Its blue and says Fieldcraft on the front. However as much as the information is probably known to the entire worlds population i'll steer clear of giving hints and tips on open forum because i think it said restricted on the top and bottom last time I taught it.
 
#12
Many thanks to you all for prompt response. I am looking for Inf lesson. My fieldcraft book has a brown cover and i was issued it in 1982. It is the basic stuff i am after as we don't practice it on a regular basis and a reminder never hurt anyone.

Any Powerpoint presentations would be appreciated.

Thanks

MM
 
#13
madmedic said:
Many thanks to you all for prompt response. I am looking for Inf lesson. My fieldcraft book has a brown cover and i was issued it in 1982. It is the basic stuff i am after as we don't practice it on a regular basis and a reminder never hurt anyone.

Any Powerpoint presentations would be appreciated.

Thanks

MM
If you wander out of the classroom into what is known as the "Bush", "Bundie" or maybe "The Outdoors" and try teaching a FIELD CRAFT lesson in the FIELD, you might make it stretch into 40 mins. Try teaching the basic methods of target indication, then get everybody in your class to give a fire control order using as many possible mixes as possible. Such as group, type of fire, target indication......
 
#14
Bad_Crow said:
I believe it is Fieldcraft Lesson 10 or 11.

Pamphlet escapes me. Its blue and says Fieldcraft on the front. However as much as the information is probably known to the entire worlds population i'll steer clear of giving hints and tips on open forum because i think it said restricted on the top and bottom last time I taught it.
I believe its' Pam 2?
 
#15
I agree with Kitmarlowe.
Decide if you're going to do an initial classroom session followed by outdoors/field or whether you are going to run the whole lot outside. Begin with a 10 min Revision session on judging distance, then if you have too many bods for the FCO practical outdoors you can split the class into two, run both and do a change over. There are loads of background activities you can do if that doesn't suit you. By the time you have factored in movement, groupings, any kit and equipment to be issued (and returned), the Intro, Main, Plenary (Q&A, etc) and Look Forward your forty minutes will seem a very, very, short time indeed. Have fun :D
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#17
And did those feet in Ancient times,
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the Holy lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

Seen!

Gun Group -
300 -
Top right hand corner corner of pleasant English pasture -
Holy Lamb of God -
Rapid Fire.....

At least that's how I remember it.
 
#18
dont wish to be a party pooper but the words current and competent spring to mind which if ur having to ask what lesson they are and what pam they appear in would suggest your not.

both lessons are 40 min periods and should be delivered by a AASAA INST or JUNIOR TAC QUAL CPL

if you want any help then pm me and ill be glad to help you out

PAM you require is pam 2

lessons are

field craft 11- tgt indication
field craft 12- reaction to fire controll order
field craft 13- issueing fire controll orders

hope this helps
 
#19
BuggerAll said:
And did those feet in Ancient times,
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the Holy lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

Seen!

Gun Group -
300 -
Top right hand corner corner of pleasant English pasture -
Holy Lamb of God -
Rapid Fire.....

At least that's how I remember it.
Chuckle. I near wet myself.
 
#20
vm_in_a_rs_world said:
dont wish to be a party pooper but the words current and competent spring to mind which if ur having to ask what lesson they are and what pam they appear in would suggest your not.

both lessons are 40 min periods and should be delivered by a AASAA INST or JUNIOR TAC QUAL CPL

if you want any help then pm me and ill be glad to help you out

PAM you require is pam 2

lessons are

field craft 11- tgt indication
field craft 12- reaction to fire controll order
field craft 13- issueing fire controll orders

hope this helps
Now now Pamphlet warrior. I couldn't remember the pam number either but could teach that lesson inside out on the moon. Does that mean i'm not current and competent either.

I'm sure its not new to him so as long as he sources accurate information I see no problem with him giving the lesson.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top