Fiddling whilst Rome burns.....Pet owners beware!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Nov 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7708411.stm

As Sir Terence Wogan says with such conviction: 'Is it me?'

This, from the idiots who force farmers to punch holes in the ears of Calves, piglets, lambs and now kids! (for the Townies reading this - don't be too alarmed: 'Kids' here refers baby goats, although there is probably an argument for fixing ear-tags to Chavlets and the like.... I digress), who are happy to see the wholesale slaughter of entire herds of cattle when they catch TB yet pander to the Fluffy Bunny brigade when they bleat about lovely cuddly badgers. Arrgghhhhh

LEAVE US ALONE!!!!

2. "Tiddles and I have managed to grab some tickets for the Bond movie, I'd also thought we'd take in a pizza before the film. Next week she fancies Alton Towers....
    Paul, Braintree "

This e-mail comment made me laugh, c'mon own up

3. What a load of bollocks! Some of the comments were entertaining, however.

4. The painful elaboration of the very, very obvious. And there is even a consultation on it.

Feel free to submit your own comments

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/welfare-dogs-cop/index.htm

Cost

It is not expected that there will be any significant
    costs to any particular group as a result of the these Codes
    because they do not impose any additional obligation over and
    above the requirement contained in the AWA for owners/keepers
    to provide for the welfare needs of their animals.

Benefits

No significant annual benefits, but following
    advice in codes could avoid expensive veterinary bills through
    prevention of injury/disease.

Other key non-monetised benefits by ‘main affected groups’

It is possible that the codes will help reduce the number of prosecutions by allowing enforcers to point out to transgressors what they should do to avoid prosecution – this could mean some benefits, but measuring this would be difficult.

What is the geographic coverage of the policy/option?

England

So, if I understand correctly there are no measurable costs nor benefits to this exercise whatsoever. (Apart of course from the cost of employing the useless morons who cobble this pointless drivel together, run consultation exercises and thus the benefit is justifying their own miserable and useless jobs.)

And it appears to apply only to England, which means similar exercise are to be carried out at "no cost" and equally to no benefit in Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland or the residents of those places can just carry on looking after their creatures pretty much as usual.

But of course wholly untroubled by such pointless sh1t

5. So I can stop reading Shakesphere to my dogs then?
    Typical, after programmes on the tv which tell you how to help dogs with a problem and probably do more to raise pet welfare awareness than any gov. campaign, some bright spark in admin jumps on the bandwagon, doubtless getting a promotion and we all get told what to do long after the tv show has done it's work.

6. Well I wont stop taking Milliband to the pub