Fibre work

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by EGking, May 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a phone call from Total Network Solutions. They have secured a long term contract for fibre work throughout the UK as well as contracts for cabling on the railways.

There very keen to only take people on who have attended there training centre as they can then assure the quality of guys there putting on the contracts.

If your interested contact them on 0845 508 1619

http://www.tnseurope.co.uk/

2. Oh I see, do you think if I attended one of their courses they will give me a job?
    Will they give me that in writing?
    Carrot dangling again!!!
    Think I will give it a miss and keep my fibre quals and 20 years + working within the industry my back pocket.
    Thanks anyway.

3. My wife attended a very high pressure company in manchester offering guaranteed work after their initial training course which cost around 8k, which they would kindly allow to pay for after you've landed your 40k mortgage consultancy job after your 4 week course.

The sad thing is young girls in their teens were signing up in droves. This was late 2009, a village idiot wouldnt become a mortgage consultant.

I know we shouldn't answer spammers but Rodge started it.

4. Rodge, thanks for your comments. I’m sure if you re read the post you'll see it was aimed at new service leavers. Not everyone on this board has 20 years in the industry.

Having spent a fair few years in the industry myself I have experience of several training providers. This in my opinion is the best option for anyone looking to gain a foothold within the industry.

Having said that, the above company is always looking for experienced guys also. So if you interested please don’t hesitate to contact them and send your CV.

Cheers,

Dave

5. I don't doubt it! you have quite the "Racket" going on there.