FFS, Land Rover 127 clutch problems

Aren't Audi and Vee Dub part of the same group?
Yes but the dealers are separate entities with separate management for each site.

Oddly thay are all part if Inchcape who also service my Merc and the Merc dealers are much better than either of the VAG ones.

Sounds like a cylinders leaking.

I have one for a V8 (the one on the gearbox - Master I think - but I do confuse which is which)

Its identical to the 300tdi unit except the threads for the fluid pipe are different.

Bit of an oops moment

Mine was a case of clutch pedal wouldn't come up - lift with foot works ok fine for a while then repeat
Park Landover with not to be used until issue addressed notice.
Realise wives citroen* is on form again - use Landrover as Citroen US.

Middle of bloody no where late oclock - Pedal works - but clutch not disengaging
Pump pedal
Pedal suddenly moves freely with absolutely no resistance ( yes I know that's the moment the seals on the master cylinder fucked off).
Fortunately Citroen was ready

Changed cylinder but clutch still wont disengage - you can hear / see it all working - with bleed valve open - soon as you close bleed valve pedal rock solid.

One for the garage - havent the facilities to lift engine and I cannot be arsed to strip the interior to get the gearbox out.

Still on the to do list as the only Garage willing to do it - came for it as arranged in January - whereupon I asked if he would take the wives Citroen* instead as it now had gearbox issues

*When I got to France sister in law was looking at a Rover 75 - Dont do it said I - crap, unreliable and no longer supported
Cue how can you say that - its a British car - patriotic etc
No longer made theres a reason for that - Citroen would be the same except cheap prices and French product loyalty kept them afloat .
Anyway Rover 75 Bought - Rover 75 develops problem - Listen to symptoms - Dont drive it - head gaskets going Gone - anyway we drove it - so that proper fucked it.
So when I said to the wife Dont buy Citroen - crap unreliable etc - she immediately bought a Citroen - now wishes to get rid of it** because its crap and unreliable

**So badly she wants to fix the 27 yr old 205s head gasket and use that instead
Stop fecking about, buy a jap something

I'd love a Land Rover Wolf built to Japanese build specs and using the kind of materials they'd use, i.e. the right bloody ones first time.

Schkoodaaa as well

Had an octavia 4x4 a few years back on the recommendation of someone who had put one beside an equivalent audi and popped the hoods for a comparison.
The differences were a small turbo thingy, leather seats and €15,000 on the Audi

a great satisfaction was once rescuing a stuck G wagon with it

"Nein, nein, you dont have to use zee tow rope - oh, you do.. :( "

In the mid-90s, whilst I was doing my A Levels, I worked at the VAG parts hub in Milton Keynes. I shit you not, many items on the shelf had three different part numbers (Audi, Skoda & VW), with vastly differing associated prices.

Time for these now?
owners mechanic.jpg

has a landrover.jpg

I'd love a Land Rover Wolf built to Japanese build specs and using the kind of materials they'd use, i.e. the right bloody ones first time.
There's only a important few bits that are crap on a Defender, I've replaced suspension components for good Aussie stuff and added beefed up wide angle propshafts to cope with the 2" lift, they're fit for the kind of abuse it gets. The body will always be lightweight and rattly.
Sounds like a Perentie - Working Landrovers made by Aussies using isuzu engines.. and galvanised chassis

LandRover Perentie 4x4 and 6x6, designed for the Australian Army
No surprises the Aussies made a good Defender, I'd love to get my hands on one - especially that 6x6! That said I get the impression they turned it somewhat into more of as long distance patrol vehicle than an out and out mountain goat competitor - more of a Cruiser than a Rover if you will.

There's only a important few bits that are crap on a Defender, I've replaced suspension components for good Aussie stuff and added beefed up wide angle propshafts to cope with the 2" lift, they're fit for the kind of abuse it gets. The body will always be lightweight and rattly.

No surprises the Aussies made a good Defender, I'd love to get my hands on one - especially that 6x6! That said I get the impression they turned it somewhat into more of as long distance patrol vehicle than an out and out mountain goat competitor - more of a Cruiser than a Rover if you will.
Have you got deep pockets RC: Perentie 110 and 6x6 All Variants

Turns out you can import Perenties to the UK. Or at least there's websites saying you can.

Tempting...